• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

saturday only season card?

IloveShrimp

Directorā­
I know that part of this has already been discussed in the 'Friday Night Games' poll, but if you take the matches on other nights of the week into consideration there are 13 :stunned: matches not scheduled for a Saturday.

Personally I am enraged about this. I have a season card and there was not not one word from the club mentioning that this could happen before I purchased my ticket!

I can not manage to get to weekday night matches very often and as the rearranged fixtures now mean that over half :thumbdown:
of our homegames (13 out of 23) are on a weekday night, I wonder if the club are going to offer money off the price of my season card... I doubt it!!!

What about a Saturday only season card surely it would be fairer!!

What a joke! :madman:

I know that part of this has already been discussed in the 'Friday Night Games' poll, but if you take the matches on other nights of the week into consideration there are 13 :stunned: matches not scheduled for a Saturday.

Personally I am enraged about this. I have a season card and there was not not one word from the club mentioning that this could happen before I purchased my ticket!

I can not manage to get to weekday night matches very often and as the rearranged fixtures now mean that over half :thumbdown:
of our homegames (13 out of 23) are on a weekday night, I wonder if the club are going to offer money off the price of my season card... I doubt it!!!

Your right mate, it is a joke.

Why don't you send your post to Uncle Ron and ask for a response on his next blog?.:)

!What a joke :madman:

yeah but every football fan knows the club could and will move games its happends every season ok not 7 but hey

am not best pleased that Tranmere is on a tuesday night but not gonna bang on about it ill just book the time off work and go

but liking the saturday only season ticket good idea

Whilst your idea of a Saturday only season ticket (which by definition means they would be able, in theory, to offer a not Saturday season ticket if the technology can cope - a sort of season-ticket share scheme) might have some merit, the rest of your post is all over the place. Concentate on facts and figures and not gratuitous use of big fonts and emoticons.

We have at this moment in time: 14 Saturday games, 7 Friday games and 2 Tuesday games.

This is a very different picture to the one you paint above. However missing seven games is way beyond the break-even point for having a season ticket so I think the club should offer supporters the opportunity to return season tickets if they so wish.

To be fair to the Club, they do say that fixtures aren't set in stone and they do have a certain amount of time after they are annouced for them to change games around.

must be a real bummer for those unable to attend midweek/friday games, I live five mins from the ground so have no complaints, maybe a word with the right bods at the ticket office may get you a few quid back

Well first of all before the club would even consider reimbursing some of the season card price you would have to prove that it's impossible for you to make an evening weekday game, whether that be a Friday or a Tuesday. Something I think you would agree is virtually impossible. You can't expect them to take your word for it.

Secondly I think we all accept that when we buy our season cards we aren't guaranteed being able to make every home match, for whatever reasons. I certainly wasn't three seasons back when I bought mine knowing full well that I could be away from Essex on any given weekend. Nine evening games is excessive in my opinion and I see your point. However, I realistically can't see any other outcome other than you having to live with the situation as it is at present.

Find it hard to argue with your points really. I think the club have taken the **** a bit moving so many games to Friday night. I understand games are always subject to being moved but that many is too many.

I think a saturday only card could be a good idea and then the club can gage if its worth moving so many games.

I'm moving to Dublin in the next couple of months. I was hoping to get back for most home matches but getting back for a Friday evening kick-off is going to be difficult to say the least. That's my selfish objection to this change. Plus I hate football-free Saturdays.

Perhaps it may be possible to find someone on who does not have (or can not afford) a season card and let them use it for the midweek games, If they give you 1/23rd of the season ticket price for each game both of you would be better off.

That said the club would lose out on a bit of revenue, but hey its all about them spending money they haven't got, not maximising their income so they can spend it later

Back