• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Saturdays attendance?

So we looking at 5500 to 6000 crowd not bad for non league football

I remember Colchester getting 2500 when WE relegated them to non league and they was actually breaking non league home crowd records at the time a couple of thousand home support, I kid you not

Over recent years non league football has come along way

In the 90s when Wolves fell into the old Four Division , they was only getting 4500 home crowds

SUFC just needs a lucky break in life......

Last edited:
The last one leaves Euston at 9, we'd be lucky to get to Southend central by 7.30 and across London in time, so it's BT for me.

Why would you want to go back to Stockport?

Stick around and in a couple of weeks you could be married to a glamour model and driving a car you shouldn't be able to afford like everyone else in South Essex.

Wont be looking at 5000 to 6000 crowd if over 3000 season ticket holders dont get there season tickets by Saturday....
They'll have massive queues of people trying to get a paper ticket on Saturday. There'll be plenty of on the day walk-ups that will see the queue and walk away. The club are definitely going to miss out.

5173 Sold (Not inc Away/Corporate) So should be pushing 5,500-6,000.​

With is being on TV, Chelsea v Liverpool is on and a bank holiday, I can't see lots of walk-ups to be honest. It would still be fantastic to get near 5,500 in a non-league match though!

I reckon we see 5200 crowd

Due to a few hundred season tickets holders not turning up , mainly down to been a Bank holiday weekend, not a 3pm kick off and shown live on BT Sport.

Someone posted on the Season ticket thread that he and his friends hold 8 season tickets in total and none are going to the game on Saturday.

Saying that if someone said to me at the end of last season with all the unrest with the way SUFC been run, and the heart breaking relegation out of the Football League, that we see over 5000 turn up 1st home game I said they was on drugs or something.

We still include season ticket holders in the official attendance even if they don't turn up though.
I reckon we see 5200 crowd

Due to a few hundred season tickets holders not turning up , mainly down to been a Bank holiday weekend, not a 3pm kick off and shown live on BT Sport.

Someone posted on the Season ticket thread that he and his friends hold 8 season tickets in total and none are going to the game on Saturday.

Saying that if someone said to me at the end of last season with all the unrest with the way SUFC been run, and the heart breaking relegation out of the Football League, that we see over 5000 turn up 1st home game I said they was on drugs or something.

I may be old school, but I thought the crowd was counted ( electrically ) as each ticket is past / tapped through the turnstiles and all added up to a total figure after the game was around 30 minutes gone.

Maybe someone in the know can l solve this query ?

Its a Tax thing the club pays less tax and pockets all the S/T money , if S/T any is not used its not taxable for that match .

Last edited:
I may be old school, but I thought the crowd was counted ( electrically ) as each ticket is past / tapped through the turnstiles and all added up to a total figure after the game was around 30 minutes gone.

I believe its based on sales rather than those actually in attendance.

I’m not in the know, but I think the modern approach to attendance figures, in the professional game at least, is to quote the number of tickets sold, rather than actual people through the turnstiles. As such, our home ‘attendance’ for league matches will always start at 3,200-odd, or however many season tickets we’ve shifted this season at that point, regardless of whether those individuals are at Roots Hall.

I said I was done with watching Southend United. I promised the wife I wouldn't bother going again. I told her I wouldn't waste what little money I have!

I've just bought my ticket. Cannot wait to get back to Roots Hall!

Where have you told her you are going tomorrow then

I’m a ST holder but can’t be there, was at KL and will be at Wealdstone though

Got tickets in the west stand and noticed on the confirmation email that you can request collection in the west instead of having to walk to the NE Corner. So I emailed the ticketing address it listed on Wednesday and heard nothing back.

I know that no matter which ticket collection point I go to, it’ll be at the other! ?

Got tickets in the west stand and noticed on the confirmation email that you can request collection in the west instead of having to walk to the NE Corner. So I emailed the ticketing address it listed on Wednesday and heard nothing back.

I know that no matter which ticket collection point I go to, it’ll be at the other! ?
I've been doing this for years when i've needed extras for mates, or something like that while I've been a season ticket holder. I had to chase them a couple of times but they said my tickets will be there today

Back