• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Save our Southend - New COPA90 video

Wow - powerful stuff! I love SUFC, I was born in sight of the floodlights, I've travelled home and away, I love SZ. But they're not my life. However this reminds me that for lots of supporters it is their life. And that's why we see such powerful debate on SZ, why we see people losing their ?, and why many of us never agree. But ultimately for all of us it's about SUFC, and their best interests. Well done Kerry and team - absolutely thought provoking and brilliant!

I'm not afraid to say that watching that brought a tear to my eye. Kerry literally summed up what the club means to me. I went to my first game with my Dad in 1984 (he's since passed) and have taken my own son there.

All I want is a sustainable football club , one that can compete with its peers nothing more, nothing less. We will probably never win the Premiership or Champions league, but i don't care about that Fakery anyway.

All I want to do is pay my money and watch my team on a Saturday. S.u.f.c

"THE ONLY TEAM IN ESSEX"

COPA90 really do produce some great videos and it's nice that they give the smaller clubs like ourselves the platform to voice our concerns as opposed to seeing another interview with a premier league fan unhappy that they didn't spend £50m on a striker.

I echo everything Kerry said. I went to my first game with my Mum, Dad and Uncle in 2001 when I was seven. I wondered why after kick off there was no commentary of the game as I sat in the stands watching. That day was truly my first dose of a drug that 20 years later I haven't kicked the habit of.

I don't think you can quantify just how bad our clubs reputation is thanks to the actions of our chairman. As Kerry said, who would want to come here and play for our club?

Remember when he went on TalkSport and told the nation we would not go down last season?

Remember when he told us that we shouldn't be in the same division as Morcambe and Accrington Stanley? Well you're getting your wish Ron because they're going to be established league clubs whilst we spend an eternity fighting for league status and, more worrying, our financial future.

I think tonights call with Ron will be interesting and I pray for answers and actions that Ron will actually stick to. Enough of the BS, Ron. We have no choice but to change and change NOW!

This has all the Netflix / Making of a murderer vibes about this at the start ; I’m guessing that’s been done as a subtle message .... !!

Wow a very moving video very well done to all concerned, hopefully onwards and upwards. Once a Shrimper always a Shrimper........

Well done Kerry, top stuff. You got the tone just right.

I watched the Wimbledon one about month back and its a must for anyone who's team are 91st.

Back