• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Save our Southend - New COPA90 video

Fantastic video this, really sums up the passion.

I live near Swansea and back in around 2002 they were pretty much where we are. Club was bankrupt, just got rid of a crook of a chairman and some local business men stepped in but it looked bleak as they had to win on the final day of the season to stay up. They beat Hull and stayed up and now look at them.

I remember the protests, the save our club marches that ultimately saw the chairman there resign, they re claimed their club and I firmly believe and back this movement within my own club of Southend United. No pro Ron supporter on here could convince me he is anything but in this for himself. MM was the wrong appointment, several clubs around us had made the same mistake and have got rid, Barrow, Scunthorpe, Stevenage, Grimsby and all of those have moved up the table or gained more positive results of late, our chairman does not care... non league doesn't stop his dream but it creates nightmares for the thousands who love this club, the loss of work for some of those at the club and an impact on the community too.

We live in strange times because of covid so marches/ protests and the like cannot happen but I hope that as a fan base we can rally round and save our club.

Jeez. Bored. Switched off. Southend is not a northern club (felt like it should’ve been a kes Intro) we’re not unique.. others have fallen before and will after.
Didn’t realise Col U fans had access to this site .. ?

Jeez. Bored. Switched off. Southend is not a northern club (felt like it should’ve been a kes Intro) we’re not unique.. others have fallen before and will after.
Username checks out

Very touching and made me well up a bit but sorry to be a pedant, we became a league club in 1920 so it would be 101 years as a league club, not 110.

As an aside, as another has mentioned, the matress count is high. Maybe it shows Southend in the true manner that the Council have let it become?

Well done Kerry, that was well thought out and the editing was brilliant, really sums up how we are all feeling.Personally i keep thinking how the hell did it come to this Heartbreaking!!

The documentary highlights the need for change at the top....... last 2 years on and off the pitch has been disaster! Time to move on from sufc ron.

Over the last few weeks I have been trying to convince myself that relegation out of the Football League doesn't REALLY matter, as it is after all "just a game" Watching that brilliant video has ruined it , and I now need to start all over again (but with no conviction whatsoever)

Nah, they’re full of self important sad types who don’t like people with alternative thoughts
Yeah but maybe sometimes it’s best to just not say anything and keep those thoughts to yourself. Takes a brave man to put his heart into a video like that and share it for all to see.

I thought it was excellent. And so well produced. Well done to everyone involved.

You know what? I think Ron may get to see it. And I think it will hit harder than some might expect. As Kerry said in the video, sometimes it’s not about just shouting. There are other ways.

Didn’t realise Col U fans had access to this site .. ?

we do, couple of us post fairly frequently without much drama but we don’t have a monopoly of being bellends, the chump who posted that is not (as far as I’m aware) a Col U fan so I’m afraid he is one of your own!

Username checks out
f345fc4c3c7749ff-600x338.gif

I will admit I cried watching this.
My poor club reduced to this mess, I’m so sad ☹??

Excellent film True Blue & Kerry & everybody involved in this, first class effort.
It truly brought home to me the damned awful state we are in.

Last edited:
Difficult to watch without a tear. Top work to all those involved. Someone should really make Ron watch this over and over again until he finally gets the idea.

Difficult to watch without a tear. Top work to all those involved. Someone should really make Ron watch this over and over again until he finally gets the idea.

Agree with you, but alas Ron has his own agenda, & despite the waffling he spouts to us, he doesn't give a damn about our feelings & dedication to the club?.

Yeah but maybe sometimes it’s best to just not say anything and keep those thoughts to yourself. Takes a brave man to put his heart into a video like that and share it for all to see.

I thought it was excellent. And so well produced. Well done to everyone involved.

You know what? I think Ron may get to see it. And I think it will hit harder than some might expect. As Kerry said in the video, sometimes it’s not about just shouting. There are other ways.
As always takes a brave man to say what he thinks and knows he’s not popular

Back