• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Save our Southend - New COPA90 video

10,000 views on Youtube and some great comments from the football community as a whole.

Just a taste.

Aaron Turner
13 hours ago
Loved that very well put together. As a Gillingham fan I look forward to the Southend games.I as a football fan hate to see any club go through tough times.to all the Southend fans I do hope and prey you stay up and push on next season,if it doesn't go your way come back soon.

jon Saddler
11 hours ago
As a Walsall fan I feel your pain. We are at our lowest in a 100 years of league football too. The passion and love generations of fans have for their local team is not understood by many in football. You express it beautifully and painfully here.

Josh Nicholls

10 hours ago
As a Blackpool fan my heart goes out to Southend. Remember playing you in the LDV Vans Trophy Final back in 2004 and you brought something like 20,000 fans, good club and set of supporters. Hope you get your club sorted out.

Andrew Jardine
4 hours ago
This is beautiful and saddening all at once. As a Luton fan, I've experienced these lows too. Kerry, I wish you and the club a brighter future.

Fiona Njie
11 hours ago
Wow so well done Hope things look up ?? From a Harrogate town fan

Connor North

12 hours ago
A West Ham fan I may be, being the son of an East London exile. But Southend United are my local club and I love them dearly. Call me a two team ****er all you like but that club is ingrained on you from birth where I come from. If you're not a Southend fan from a Southend family. You're two team, just how it is. So thank you COPA 90 for the exposure my club needed. COYB

Excellent thing to do Kerry. You certainly speak for me.
It is the sort of film that requires a sequel, say in five years time when hopefully everything has righted itself, we are back in the league, riding high in League 1, on a sound financial footing in a new stadium backed by 10,000 passionate fans and a new committed owner. No harm in dreaming?

Excellent thing to do Kerry. You certainly speak for me.
It is the sort of film that requires a sequel, say in five years time when hopefully everything has righted itself, we are back in the league, riding high in League 1, on a sound financial footing in a new stadium backed by 10,000 passionate fans and a new committed owner. No harm in dreaming?
Would also be interesting in five years to see if the council had pulled its finger out and picked up all those discarded mattresses.

I got goosebumps watching that, very powerful. Brilliantly produced and sums up the situation perfectly. Let's hope Ron sees it and it raises some awareness of our plight in the wider football community. I also liked the sly dig at Sol ("managers who shouldn't be let anywhere near a football club").

Well done to all involved :Clap:

I will be honest Kerry, I thought it was just one person opinion, we differ on how we look at the club, one I have followed for nearly 50 years, it’s not the end all if we lose, nor does my mental health suffer even during these dire times , much worse going on in the world
However I changed my opinion when you mentioned your dad and son going with you.
I was lucky to see many games first with dad whilst he was alive and then with dad and my son sitting together and now just with my son making new friends, sitting in the shrimpers bar, a nod to fellow supporters, that’s why it’s such a good video, it’s brings home the family spirit of being one.
I suppose Ron didn’t want this to happen , and no way do I support him with the way things have gone and I agree protests are worthless but unless a miracle happens in next 6 weeks, we start again, smaller crowds but just as passionate and maybe just maybe a flicker of a flame will ignite the season and if not we will still have a team even if it means starting from scratch
The one thing Ron can never take away is the memories and history we have watched

Do we think Ronald will chop this video up North Korea style, cut out any bad vibes towards him and then show it to the players to inspire them to win?

This fine video strikes a chord with probably 90 per cent of our fan base. So many of us have followed the club for decades whether it's 20 years or 70 years. The demise of our club seems to have gone hand in hand with the rundown of Southend as a whole. My first game at Roots Hall was in 1957 although the only thing I remember was that we lost 2-1.
I followed in the footsteps of my Dad who supported the club from its Kursaal days right through to the 21st century. My son has joined me as a fan for almost 40 years, its in the family blood. I look out of my window in Shoeburyness thinking about football and the sadness of seeing my hometown club possibly losing its Football League status after 114 years. Then I look at the garden of a neighbour and see the depressing sight of a Wet Spam shirt fluttering in the breeze. What a sad time for my town and football club.

This fine video strikes a chord with probably 90 per cent of our fan base. So many of us have followed the club for decades whether it's 20 years or 70 years. The demise of our club seems to have gone hand in hand with the rundown of Southend as a whole. My first game at Roots Hall was in 1957 although the only thing I remember was that we lost 2-1.
I followed in the footsteps of my Dad who supported the club from its Kursaal days right through to the 21st century. My son has joined me as a fan for almost 40 years, its in the family blood. I look out of my window in Shoeburyness thinking about football and the sadness of seeing my hometown club possibly losing its Football League status after 114 years. Then I look at the garden of a neighbour and see the depressing sight of a Wet Spam shirt fluttering in the breeze. What a sad time for my town and football club.
I think the reality of going down is hitting a lot of people now. This proud club with a great history, so many great memories and part of many of our lives and generations watching the Blues together. What upsets me most is not being there to do anything, not that I could but .... does that make any sense?? And as for West Ham and their soullless bowl in Stratford and boring Premier League...they can keep it, Southend are my local team and I’ll be there whatever league we’re in.

10,000 views on Youtube and some great comments from the football community as a whole.

Just a taste.

Aaron Turner
13 hours ago
Loved that very well put together. As a Gillingham fan I look forward to the Southend games.I as a football fan hate to see any club go through tough times.to all the Southend fans I do hope and prey you stay up and push on next season,if it doesn't go your way come back soon.

jon Saddler
11 hours ago
As a Walsall fan I feel your pain. We are at our lowest in a 100 years of league football too. The passion and love generations of fans have for their local team is not understood by many in football. You express it beautifully and painfully here.

Josh Nicholls
10 hours ago
As a Blackpool fan my heart goes out to Southend. Remember playing you in the LDV Vans Trophy Final back in 2004 and you brought something like 20,000 fans, good club and set of supporters. Hope you get your club sorted out.

Andrew Jardine
4 hours ago
This is beautiful and saddening all at once. As a Luton fan, I've experienced these lows too. Kerry, I wish you and the club a brighter future.

Fiona Njie
11 hours ago
Wow so well done Hope things look up ?? From a Harrogate town fan

Connor North
12 hours ago
A West Ham fan I may be, being the son of an East London exile. But Southend United are my local club and I love them dearly. Call me a two team ****er all you like but that club is ingrained on you from birth where I come from. If you're not a Southend fan from a Southend family. You're two team, just how it is. So thank you COPA 90 for the exposure my club needed. COYB

I see the video has been shared on the Orient fans forum as well. I hope many other forums share it too.

A very emotional and very well made film. Well done to all involved and I think Kerry has summed up brilliantly how we all feel.

It’s been a desperately depressing and sad time to follow our club and to be honest it’s been killing my love for football in general and it’s something I’ve been passionate since a child.

I do have to ask why now for this movement to “save” the club. I totally understand you’ve all had enough, god knows I have. But for me the damage is already done. With no goals in the entire squad we aren’t going to pull off The Great Escape and I think most of us know that.

Is the idea to get Ron to sell up so we can hit the ground running in the National League? Coz again I think it’s probably too late for that, Ron won’t sell til planning is granted and who will buy this basket case of a club anyway.

I appreciate this post might rub a few up the wrong way. As I’ve said I totally get the desire for our club to be run properly and become more stable. But why wait til we’re doomed?

Powerful stuff, think that strikes a chord with anyone who grew up in Southend following Blues, it’s the town not just the club that’s gone into decline.

Oh and Roots Hall might be a ****hole but it’s our ****hole and I miss it!
Well said mate brought me too tears very tough to watch...great job lads like you say our team our town up the shrimpers

I didn’t know Joe Pasquale was a Southend supporter. Lol but seriously I really enjoyed that video was really well produced. I liked everything about that.

I didn’t know Joe Pasquale was a Southend supporter. Lol but seriously I really enjoyed that video was really well produced. I liked everything about that.

I was on a tube once and this old lady said to me "you're Joe Pasquale aren't you?"

I denied being the squeaky voiced one, but she persisted.

I gave her an autograph in the end.

@Lord Football - a fabulous film Kerry, thanks for expressing what a lot of us feel. My Dad was never a football fan, but both my kids are and I love that they're as passionate about Southend as I am and going to games with them again is one of the things I'm most looking forward to after lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Back