• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Save our Southend - New COPA90 video

I'm really very touched by the overwhelming positive feedback. Thank you. I really wasn't sure how this would go down, I tried to speak for most of us. This is, after all, about us.

I've asked Ron if he wants to read the feedback across social media....

The clever stuff was a professional job from Nick, Sam and Rory three young film makers who'll hopefully go onto bigger and better things. I just gave them the words.

Sorry if it’s a bit of a daft question, but was the letter actually posted to Ron inviting him to reply and if so, will any reply be made public? Also, is there any indication that Ron has seen the video yet?

Great work by the way!

Leyton Orient fan (Southend resident and board member of our Supporters' Trust) here in peace.

That was very well-made and articulated, and I recognise the emotional responses - the one about our demise from the Football League (linked to a page or so ago) still provokes that in me, even 4 years later now that we've come out the other side.

Sadly I also recognise the calamitous 3-year plummet from near-top of League One to trapdoor into non-league. I can only sympathise and empathise with what you're all going through, and wish for better times for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Kerry, great work and very professional. I've done the best I can and shared it on my FB page. Going with your Dad to the game did strike a chord. Mine wasn't passionate about football but favoured Spurs as a team. (He was born in the East End and I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies........ he wasn't a Spammer!) I persuaded hime to come with me once and we sat in the East Stand to see the Third Division South game against Crystal Palace, which I've dated it back to either the '56 or '57 season. It's here that the memory starts to play tricks. It was freezing cold and a rather boring game but I thought it was 0-0..............records tell me that those games in both seasons finished in 1-1 draws! Sadly, he didn't repeat the experience

Thanks Kerry and the rest of the team behind the video.

It certainly struck a chord with me. This month I celebrated 50 years of my first Southend match. My dad took me to the games until I was old enough to go on my own or with friends etc. Then in more recent years taking my own children to matches.

Very moving stuff! I can relate and of a similar age to Kerry (think we both went to the same school and grew up in southchurch).
Let's hope we can escape!

I have finally had time to sit and watch this absolutely outstanding video.
I had tears before the first 3 minutes.
Having supported my SUFC since the late 50’ I cannot believe it is/had come to such a utter and complete shambles.
Although I have now lived in Sydney since the early 70” I have on several occasions flown back even for weekends ( first national final in Cardiff) was unbelievable experience regardless of the result because the support given by the fans was nothing short of incredible.
I will always be a BLUES supporter whatever happens.
I hope that the Australian saying of “she will be right “ ring”s true because there’s far to many people affected by our teams demise.

UTB Forever

Kerry that is simply superb and I think you captured how most of us supporters feel at the moment.

Well done to you, Nick Manser, Sam Lewis, and Rory Reames and all the team for producing this very moving and emotional film about our club.

I can feel and Oscar coming your way for "Fan's Plea for Respect, Pride & Better Times | A Southend United Story".

oscar-statue_rev1-844x1024.jpg

Back