• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Save Our Southend

Also I see this #notapennymore
Is the proposal that denying our cash strapped club....cash is going to help in any way. This will surely deepen the crisis and prolong the issues.
Or Ron says Okie dokie you can have the club...that's 15 million in 'loans the club owes me.
That hash tag relates to the many times the club has come to fans in elaborate attempts for money, I remember the roots hall end of an era shirts, the share offering not to mention other random stuff the club has asked the trust to pay for, now paying to help the club is not in of itself a bad thing, however equipment the manger needs for the players? This is something that should be paid for by a fit a proper owner.

Ron walks the day after planning permission is granted...writes off debt owed to all the various BS companies he has created. Then hands it over to his son......what then?
Work with his Son and hope that he takes a different tact, though he has hinted at meetings before he would step away and potentially sell up

Hi there, I've read this thread with interest. I'm the Secretary of the Blackpool Supporters Trust.

I won't waste time with sympathy, you have probably had a bellyful of that. But I noted what was said at post 1 about reaching out to fans of other clubs, including us. So:

1. We would be delighted to help, if we can. We have a lot of experience of football politics (much of it difficult), and will gladly pass it on.

2. We'll also advise, WHEN we understand what your aims are and IF you want us to.

3. I'll say this up front - if you want to build up a coalition of support and interest beyond your own fan base, then the Football Supporters Association are probably your best friend. And they will probably want to see the Supporters Trust playing a prominent role in whatever you have planned.

4. Dealing with the football authorities will be one of the most challenging things you have to face. The prevailing climate is changing, but painfully slowly. You will need to be imaginative in this area, and again, we have a lot of experience of this that might be relevant.

I can be contacted by e-mail at bst-secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.com

Robbie
Superb we will be in touch!!

Ron walks the day after planning permission is granted...writes off debt owed to all the various BS companies he has created. Then hands it over to his son......what then?

Start a little Ron out action group?

2. Nobody is diminishing the great work the Trust have done over the years - we just feel that right now and for this issue, different voices and a different approach is needed. We'd hope to work with The Trust, and if individuals from the Trust consider it a bit "too militant" we understand. We have open dialogue with the Trust. We are friends, we will remain friends.
Indeed. I know you have already been in touch with Fitz.
3. What are our objectives is a really good question. To be honest, this has come together very quickly - we hadn't anticipated Ron's "we'll zoom on Thursday" announcement. So we find ourselves having to run to make sure we strike when the iron is hot. We are thinking about a worst case scenario that the whole thing goes belly up. So we have people on board who know how to handle the FA, ECFA, ESL and have the knowledge to start from the beginning.
The Trust have this and the established contacts from previous dices with death via the taxman, plus established contingency plans.

I don't understand why you would expect that a "non official" body that has no governance in place would be the ones to do this, perhaps someone could explain this?

I’ve just had the chance to read through this thread, I have some reservations and see some positives.
Ron has had it too easy for too long, he knows that he has the club by the short and curlies, and this cannot be allowed to continue. Anything that can be done to put pressure on, should be done, and if that includes joining in groups like this...so be it.
I await to see the “battle plans” because Ron has got his entire retirement plan invested in Fossetts , and will see them through regardless, but doing nothing from now on is not an option.

Hi there, I've read this thread with interest. I'm the Secretary of the Blackpool Supporters Trust.

I won't waste time with sympathy, you have probably had a bellyful of that. But I noted what was said at post 1 about reaching out to fans of other clubs, including us. So:

1. We would be delighted to help, if we can. We have a lot of experience of football politics (much of it difficult), and will gladly pass it on.

2. We'll also advise, WHEN we understand what your aims are and IF you want us to.

3. I'll say this up front - if you want to build up a coalition of support and interest beyond your own fan base, then the Football Supporters Association are probably your best friend. And they will probably want to see the Supporters Trust playing a prominent role in whatever you have planned.

4. Dealing with the football authorities will be one of the most challenging things you have to face. The prevailing climate is changing, but painfully slowly. You will need to be imaginative in this area, and again, we have a lot of experience of this that might be relevant.

I can be contacted by e-mail at bst-secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.com

Robbie
Thank you for your post

Also I see this #notapennymore
Is the proposal that denying our cash strapped club....cash is going to help in any way. This will surely deepen the crisis and prolong the issues.
Or Ron says Okie dokie you can have the club...that's 15 million in 'loans the club owes me.

That's ok, we'll pay you back , the same way as you pay everybody else............

Just to be quite clear, I am not objecting to this group becoming active and campaigning for direct action and am impressed by a lot of what's been said, particularly by @TrueBlue (a new, maturer Scott!)

I just question some of the aims, and that's me personally, not with my Trust head on.

FYI, Scott and @Smiffy, as the main admin of the old SOS group on FB, I have archived that now as one or two people were becoming confused and trying to join it.

Just to be quite clear, I am not objecting to this group becoming active and campaigning for direct action and am impressed by a lot of what's been said, particularly by @TrueBlue (a new, maturer Scott!)

I just question some of the aims, and that's me personally, not with my Trust head on.

FYI, Scott and @Smiffy, as the main admin of the old SOS group on FB, I have archived that now as one or two people were becoming confused and trying to join it.
Never an issue Kay

we all want the best for Southend only difference is our method of approach when dealing with the club

When are we protesting / rioting????? This is an absolute travesty what has happened to this club over the last 2 years and someone needs to be held to account

If we’ve got any billionaire fans hiding out there that fancy running the club then now is the time to show yourselves! ?

If we’ve got any billionaire fans hiding out there that fancy running the club then now is the time to show yourselves! ?
Bought a couple lines on the EuroMillions so you never know. Wouldn't quite launch me to billionaire status but it's a start ?

Back