• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
I had the pleasure of watching this last friday night and it didnt disappoint.

This one promised to be another goodun and Saw 3 trumped its 2 previous efforts with some more gruesome games along with a DIY operation using a power drill and various other handheld power appliances.

Definatly the most gruesome of the three the poor chap sitting in the seat next to me ended up passing out briefly before he was taken out of the cinema by his girlfriend!!

The prospect of seeing Gutts galore would I'm sure make Wiggy pass out.

Cheers Stakski,

The Mrs and I are going to the cinema tomorrow and its my choice and i have gone for Saw III.

Last week was Mrs DtS choice and we saw "the devil wears prada". I would rather have spent the day with J-S at Brisbane Road that watch that sh!te again.
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,13:06)]Cheers Stakski,

The Mrs and I are going to the cinema tomorrow and its my choice and i have gone for Saw III.

Last week was Mrs DtS choice and we saw "the devil wears prada". I would rather have spent the day with J-S at Brisbane Road that watch that sh!te again.
Oo.gif
Orange Wednesday's Dave?

My Mrs went with me with it and as per usual dived into the pick en mix and ice cream cabnet before we went in.

After just 5mins of the film I got the offer of her magnum plus the pick and mix, naturally I took her up on the offer after all I'd paid over £11 for the stuff and wasnt gonna let it go to waste
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Oct. 31 2006,12:10)]I had the pleasure of watching this last friday night and it didnt disappoint.

This one promised to be another goodun and Saw 3 trumped its 2 previous efforts with some more gruesome games along with a DIY operation using a power drill and various other handheld power appliances.

Definatly the most gruesome of the three the poor chap sitting in the seat next to me ended up passing out briefly before he was taken out of the cinema by his girlfriend!!
Since the end of Saw II, and the way they left it open for the obvious end of the trilogy, I have been unsure. I have not seen any reviews on the 3rd instalment, so maybe you could give me your thoughts on this:

The thing that (for me), gave saw I and II its biggest scare value was the whole point that the mastermind behind it all (Jigsaw) was dying with cancer, and so he was more than happy to talk to the police (obviously in II being the entire point of the "game"), because there was nothing that they could do to him that was threatening as he was dying anyway. So my question is how do they go about keeping that aspect, as we are told how the girl in it is taking over his legacy, but she is not dying, so I just fear that it will lose its scare appeal to me.

Thoughts?

I would like to take the time to say how awesome I thought the 2nd film was. "Scary" films with no point other than endless killing annoy me, as there really is no point, but the way Saw II encorporated the grusome horror with the seriously clever story line, and the general f%&king the cop over plot was fantastic.

It also happens to be the only film ever to make me literally shake. When the big maniac guy that is going around killing everyone to get they numbers from the back of their necks threw the girl into the pit of needles made me feel physically sick and shake for a good few minutes, craking stuff!

Also got to love the bit where he cuts the number off the back of his own neck, thats some serious talent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Oct. 31 2006,13:47)]After just 5mins of the film I got the offer of her magnum plus the pick and mix, naturally I took her up on the offer
Crazy inuendo

suspect.gif
oops.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,14:06)]Last week was Mrs DtS choice and we saw "the devil wears prada". I would rather have spent the day with J-S at Brisbane Road that watch that sh!te again.
Oo.gif
Agreed. sh!te film! But you can't deny that Meryl Streep was fantastic in the role of magazine boss?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,17:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 31 2006,14:06)]Last week was Mrs DtS choice and we saw "the devil wears prada". I would rather have spent the day with J-S at Brisbane Road that watch that sh!te again.
Oo.gif
Agreed. sh!te film! But you can't deny that Meryl Streep was fantastic in the role of magazine boss?
Good actress but I thought she was pretty poor in that...

Do you know who the fit bird who is her assitant is....Not the ginger..???

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 02 2006,09:48)]Did you go then Dave?

Hope you didnt pass out if you did
biggrin.gif
I thought to be honest it was sh1te of the highest honour. I just think it was gore with no plot which I hated.

Few times it made me feel a bit rough but bloke next to use almost passed out. That said we did watch it in Crawley and you get some right weirdos there.

Worst thing was I my train was late so missed the 7pm showing and had to catch the 9pm.

As a result didnt get home till gone midnight and Mrs DtS refused to put out as it was too late and she was too disturbed by the film. At least thats what she told me.

I would say its marginally better than the Devil wears Prada.
glare.gif

ahh orange wednesdays! fortunately for me my girlfriend works at odeon leicester, so i get free films and free popcorn and drinks... cha-ching!

Went to see this last night and didn't think it was as bad as I was expecting. Only bit I found abit gross was the first bit with the rock/ankle 'problem'.

Certainly seems to be lined up for Saw IV, but you'd hope not as I think they'd be dragging it out if they did.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Nov. 06 2006,09:32)]Went to see this last night and didn't think it was as bad as I was expecting.  Only bit I found abit gross was the first bit with the rock/ankle 'problem'.

Certainly seems to be lined up for Saw IV, but you'd hope not as I think they'd be dragging it out if they did.
Well you say that but Saw himself had his throat slit at and is clearly not coming back from that Tumor and as his little apprentice was shot as well I cant see how they can possibly drag out another film.

That said I am sure Saw 4 will be out before we know it.
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 06 2006,09:50)]Well you say that but Saw himself had his throat slit at and is clearly not coming back from that Tumor and as his little apprentice was shot as well I cant see how they can possibly drag out another film.
Let's not give the ending away now

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Nov. 06 2006,10:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 06 2006,09:50)]Well you say that but Saw himself had his throat slit at and is clearly not coming back from that Tumor and as his little apprentice was shot as well I cant see how they can possibly drag out another film.
Let's not give the ending away now

laugh.gif
I am pretty sure no-one would have got it from said text.....Woops.....
down.gif
down.gif

Back