• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton Baptiste

Life President⭐
Just glanced at front page of the echo, Sawyer convicted of assaulting his ex-gf, escapes jail though.

I would have expected that the club must have known about an impending court case when they signed Lee.

I think this story dates back awhile,not that I condone it of course but it is old news.

Maybe it has just taken ages to go to court.

it is old news and a domestic issue created because his EX would not let Lee or his Mum or family see his 2 children or be in contact with his children
because he started a relationship with a new partner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he went around to his EX house with Mum and sister and her 3 year old child in a friendly manner to try and resolve the matter but she was not interested
but was told to go ......off then she tried to slam the door in his face he put his foot in the door to stop her door bounced back screaming shouting and shoving hence common assault ...............You are not by law allowed to place your foot inside any ones house uninvited this you can be found guilty of Common assault as has happened to Sawyer he is not happy it ended this way. this domestic situation has been on going to do with his children since his second spell at SUFC
He is now dealing with it through the correct channels by use of a Southend based solicitor and hopes to form a relationship with his children in the near future
He was found GUILTY OF COMMON ASSAULT not beating his wife up common assault happens on a daily basis although it should never happen at all some people
in life want to take it further knowing that your a public figure and will cause you damage so well done to his ex she got what she wanted BUT Sawyer now knows
that doing things the right way legally will enable him to see his kids which is all he ever wanted in the first place..............i am not condoning in any way Common assault but circumstances are all different and this was a family issue that went wrong not a continued attack on a helpless women NO CUTS NO BLACK EYES
It was torn tee shirts door slamming shouting and screaming

Old news. Couldnt really give a **** - I expect she has a wizards sleeve anyway. Only news I care about is Sawyer signed for us.

it is old news and a domestic issue created because his EX would not let Lee or his Mum or family see his 2 children or be in contact with his children
because he started a relationship with a new partner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he went around to his EX house with Mum and sister and her 3 year old child in a friendly manner to try and resolve the matter but she was not interested
but was told to go ......off then she tried to slam the door in his face he put his foot in the door to stop her door bounced back screaming shouting and shoving hence common assault ...............You are not by law allowed to place your foot inside any ones house uninvited this you can be found guilty of Common assault as has happened to Sawyer he is not happy it ended this way. this domestic situation has been on going to do with his children since his second spell at SUFC
He is now dealing with it through the correct channels by use of a Southend based solicitor and hopes to form a relationship with his children in the near future
He was found GUILTY OF COMMON ASSAULT not beating his wife up common assault happens on a daily basis although it should never happen at all some people
in life want to take it further knowing that your a public figure and will cause you damage so well done to his ex she got what she wanted BUT Sawyer now knows
that doing things the right way legally will enable him to see his kids which is all he ever wanted in the first place..............i am not condoning in any way Common assault but circumstances are all different and this was a family issue that went wrong not a continued attack on a helpless women NO CUTS NO BLACK EYES
It was torn tee shirts door slamming shouting and screaming

You are the 3 year old child and I claim my £5
:smile:

We knew from his last spells with us that he suffered from immaturity, and could be a bit naughty. With emotions running high, he made a very bad mistake in going around to the Ex's, and doing what he did. That's now on his record for life, plus £850 costs and compensation, and an annoying 100 hours community service.
He's paying for what he did, and rightly so.
We all make stupid mistakes, especially in our younger years. So lets all get behind him and give him our very best support. Hopefully he will grow up and fulfil his great potential with Southend United.

We knew from his last spells with us that he suffered from immaturity, and could be a bit naughty. With emotions running high, he made a very bad mistake in going around to the Ex's, and doing what he did. That's now on his record for life, plus £850 costs and compensation, and an annoying 100 hours community service.
He's paying for what he did, and rightly so.
We all make stupid mistakes, especially in our younger years. So lets all get behind him and give him our very best support. Hopefully he will grow up and fulfil his great potential with Southend United.
Well said mate

I wonder if his nickname has progressed from ASBO now he's been charged? :smile:

Old news. Couldnt really give a **** - I expect she has a wizards sleeve anyway. Only news I care about is Sawyer signed for us.

Wish he'd get a game though, would go as far to say that we would end up top 5 if he was in the team. As good as Ferdinand is shaping up young Sawyer would get/create goals and needs to be in the team before he assaults Sturrock!

Wish he'd get a game though, would go as far to say that we would end up top 5 if he was in the team. As good as Ferdinand is shaping up young Sawyer would get/create goals and needs to be in the team before he assaults Sturrock!

Mixed - Sawyer needs to be in there to create but it would be harsh on Kane as he had been superb of late and also we are winning so why change a winning side.

Thanks

Mixed - Sawyer needs to be in there to create but it would be harsh on Kane as he had been superb of late and also we are winning so why change a winning side.

Thanks

.....agree with the winning side bit but convinced we'd be winning by more with Sawyer starting!

We have Kane holding and perm three from four (Hall, Grant, Easton, Sawyer). Although Easton could do holding role to cover Kane- my point is one of those gets a knock and Lee comes in. His chance wont be long coming and him lying in wait may help improve still further the performances of those in the chair- that will be Lee soon and he will have the chance to keep someone else out

Can only be a good thing - 2 players fighting it out for a place in the starting 11 , can understand both point of views but my Mentallity has always been not to change a winning side , Sawyer will play a part in this season i'm sure and its up to him to nail down a starting place once he gets a chance .

To be honest I'd rather have Ferdinand and two others. If Sawyer is one of the two others then so be it, although that would mean one of Easton or Grant dropping out.

Kane looks to play that holding role better than anyone else we've got. If we're playing 4-3-3/4-5-1 then I think he needs to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back