• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sawyer Out Injured

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Sawyer will not be playing on Saturday as he has fractured his rib.

No indication on the length of time he will be sidelined.

Having fractured a rib myself, I would say he will be out for a good 6-8 weeks (unless he plays with an injection) Ribs are a bugger to heal as they obviously move everytime you breathe.

Bugger.

OS

Last edited:
"It's a blow but fortunately it is the one area of the team where we have adequate cover."

Tilson admitting that the squad is thread-bare?

The players are dropping like fly's and the season hasn't ever started yet...

Down to the Moussiah and Laurent to provide a bit of creativity then...

Last edited:
Sawyer, possibly our most creative and influential player, injured before the first ball of the season is even kicked?!

sounds about right...

Gutted - Think he is possibly my fav player despite only being a loanee......

Lee Sawyer is a different class but I think this will be a big season for Anthony Grant. Hes got a great touch and composure and I think Tilson will have to incorperate and diamond midfield to fit them all in when Sawyer is fit.

I reckon JFC and Macca to start, I can see him playing mousse on left and grant on right. Not what I want to see but nevermind....

I bet Tilly is delighted.

Now he doesn't have to decide whether to have the testicular fortitude to pick him ahead of McCormack. :whistling:

Shocking news. In my opinion his our best player, despite him just being on loan.

After feeling positive about Saturday's game with the news about Mvoto, but now with the news we haven't actually signed Mvoto, Sawyer injured and Andros Townsend signing for Orient on loan I'm not positive about Saturday at all.

This has been the most disappointing week for me in all of pre-season and the off season, and this is coming from someone who has been positive all summer.

After feeling positive about Saturday's game with the news about Mvoto, but now with the news we haven't actually signed Mvoto, Sawyer injured and Andros Townsend signing for Orient on loan I'm not positive about Saturday at all

I wouldn't worry about Townsend for a few weeks yet...

Back