• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Why is he not being played much? Surely we could've done with his attacking threat yesterday at half-time instead of Kalala?

Saying that though, I'm now expecting him to start on Tuesday.

Mught be something to do with the standards he's showing in training and in the stiffs

Sawyer is far too forward thinking and exiting to fit in with the stadium emptying hoof ball that Sturrock prefers to play!

get your facts right- attendences are up !

maybe its to so with the effort, or lack of effect Sawyer is putting in in reserve matches and training---- comments which have come from both Sturruck and Coughlan- the guys who have got us top of the league and the bet ever winning/non losing streak in our history. So I think if its ok with you I will trust their judgement above yours

have you seen us play this season?
Go every home game and as i suspected most of you can't see past the result. Utter tripe football has been dished up and trust me if Ryan Halls thunderbolts don't continue then we will be lucky to go up playing hoof ball!

We may see sawyer have a run out in place of moshni or timlin on tuesday night but he is not going to get into the side with how well our midfield as a group in playing. even granty is struggling to get back into the side.
If PS changes a bit on tuesday I think we may see prosser, harris and grant start n maybe morris might go in between the sticks

Go every home game and as i suspected most of you can't see past the result. Utter tripe football has been dished up and trust me if Ryan Halls thunderbolts don't continue then we will be lucky to go up playing hoof ball!
fair enough, although i think some of the time we play some pretty good football, sturrock has just instructed the back 4 to not fanny about with it and get rid of it

fair enough, although i think some of the time we play some pretty good football, sturrock has just instructed the back 4 to not fanny about with it and get rid of it
One thing is for sure, if we go up there will be no place for Gilbert's hoof ball, it's all he knows. Also think it is time for Morris to come back in as Daniels is looking more and more suspect with every game!

One thing is for sure, if we go up there will be no place for Gilbert's hoof ball, it's all he knows. Also think it is time for Morris to come back in as Daniels is looking more and more suspect with every game!
we definitely will need another left back, and maybe another centre back as barker isnt getting any younger. I think morris may be back tuesday as it is just a cup game, anyone know how long we have daniels for?

Got Daniels till' January. Not in the same class as Federici and he's only Championship. Has done a reasonable job here but if he thinks he's gonna be Prem then so will Gilbert. Kicking and catching inferior to Morris even though he's taller so time to get mr. reliable back in!

Go every home game and as i suspected most of you can't see past the result [edit] record breaking unbeaten run, defensive solidity, goals from all over the field, and our position right at the top of the table.

Obvious editing aside, Wiggles, you watch the training from time to time, don't you? What sort of impact is Sawyer having? How much does he want it? Genuine questions.

Obvious editing aside, Wiggles, you watch the training from time to time, don't you? What sort of impact is Sawyer having? How much does he want it? Genuine questions.

He seems to be putting it all in and moving well but only Sturrock would really know overall. Before his injury he got mom acclaim most weeks so to never get a chance from the bench must be soul destroying but as we know Sturrocks brand of sleep inducing football will not involve Sawyer. Top of the league and probably the year that i have least looked forward to attending games!

He seems to be putting it all in and moving well but only Sturrock would really know overall. Before his injury he got mom acclaim most weeks so to never get a chance from the bench must be soul destroying but as we know Sturrocks brand of sleep inducing football will not involve Sawyer. Top of the league and probably the year that i have least looked forward to attending games!

Hard to criticise when we are unbeaten in months and top of the league though....

Sawyer fit again only for the last few weeks since the freak injury warming up against Crawley and since the team
has done so well during this period the chance to get back to show his worth is limited even tho he had an outstanding
game against P/Vale for the full 90 mins an for those who went would agree with me .
But not so lucky to pick up injury in warm up very next game
Didnt have a particularly good pre season but was pretty much on the sidelines trying to find places for JJ an Ndiaye
lets face it that never worked out an the signing of Timlin an JPK put him further down the list
PS wants Sawyer as a winger not C/M an maybe coming to terms with that is difficult for him and we have a lot more
options for those places .
Playing a faster ball forward an directly and then getting after it is a bit highball for Sawyer who does like to keep it on the ground so maybe this is What PS means when he says he has got to start doing what i tell him to do ,
having said that i have watched him training and through other resources am told he trains really hard and is not difficult to work with but a bit down because he would like to play(which is 100% normal)
Sawyer will never be the type of player who can get up for reserve games any body who has played will tell you the adrenaline is so much different and you are also playing in a thrown together team a lot of the time so very hard to
prove yourself ,but he has not let anyone down when he has come on as sub.
If you look at some of our players who have played in midfield and not particularly played well at times but still been picked because we won or gone to the bench but back on a game later,Sawyer should he get the chance through injury/suspension
would have to play a blinder now every game to keep his place or warm the bench in the 5 places for L2 games
Unless things start to go wrong with results thats the only way back in for Sawyer to prove and show his worth but again lets face it no one wants that to happen either so untill then he is out in the Cold
Bit odd as last season had 17 appearances so PS did not have to give him a year contract and would have seen enough of him to know he was good enough for his plans so dont quite know what to make of it but IMO he is definately a good quality player waiting for a chance to break in to a team that dont look like they are gonna lose at the moment so Sawyer has to wait in the cold and perform when he is called upon so lets wish him luck should that need arise

Personally can't see what the love-in with Timlin is all about. He's been below average every time i've seen him play. I'd have Sawyer in the starting XI over him everytime.

Personally can't see what the love-in with Timlin is all about. He's been below average every time i've seen him play. I'd have Sawyer in the starting XI over him everytime.

He hasn't been at his best in the last couple of weeks but he was in fantastic form in his first few matches, definitely worth signing.

Back