• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sayers signs for Tottenham

Undisclosed fee no doubt !!

Without question. Bare in mind he is only on trial at the moment and has had trials with other clubs.

I find it really sad that the clubs current status means any youth players with remote potential are going to be looking to get out ASAP.

The whole of Ron's 'high' youth investment strategy is pointless while we are non league.

So much long term damage has been done by him enforcing us outside the EFL.

Without question. Bare in mind he is only on trial at the moment and has had trials with other clubs.

I find it really sad that the clubs current status means any youth players with remote potential are going to be looking to get out ASAP.

The whole of Ron's 'high' youth investment strategy is pointless while we are non league.

So much long term damage has been done by him enforcing us outside the EFL.
We’re clearly flogging Sayers to get some cash to allow Maher to get reinforcements in. That we so desperately need to get reinforcements in is however Brown’s fault rather than Ron’s. Unlike last summer Ron did actually back his manager this off-season. So whilst Ron is at fault for us being non-league, for us having to flog off Kelman, Bishop, Humphrys, Hutchinson etc on the cheap on this one I don’t think he is to blame.

Sad to see yet another one with significant potential probably leave early. Still Clifford, Howard, Phillips and Egbri still there, Bridge to come back too and Rush got a few minutes
Then there's the mob out on loan which Im very pleased about as moaned for years about us needing to send more out than we traditionally did

Must as usual be desperate for the cash, Wouldnt mind if it didnt happen though, but of course wish Charlie every best opportunity, and when it sometimes is best to get educated with us, especially with our new coaching set up

We’re clearly flogging Sayers to get some cash to allow Maher to get reinforcements in. That we so desperately need to get reinforcements in is however Brown’s fault rather than Ron’s. Unlike last summer Ron did actually back his manager this off-season. So whilst Ron is at fault for us being non-league, for us having to flog off Kelman, Bishop, Humphrys, Hutchinson etc on the cheap on this one I don’t think he is to blame.
Is cash the reason?

so many times on here people knee jerk and 2+2=5
I have no idea why he is trialing at clubs. It doesn’t immediately make any sense to me.
If it is because we need the cash then that is very worryingly as I though the planning permission meant rob could now access more funds ( maybe I got that wrong).

Ron's not completely innocent though. He appointed Brown!

Is cash the reason?

so many times on here people knee jerk and 2+2=5
I have no idea why he is trialing at clubs. It doesn’t immediately make any sense to me.
If it is because we need the cash then that is very worryingly as I though the planning permission meant rob could now access more funds ( maybe I got that wrong).
I have no idea.

It would not surprise be too much if cash, or lack, of was at least a short term problem.

On the other hand, how much could we reasonably hope to get for such a young and inexperienced player?.

You think this is an isolated incident then? I see our youth strategy falling apart in the next year being financially unviable myself. Just my opinion. Before we were a good choice for youth players of prem teams who didn't quite make it. Now I don't see them looking to us an option. More of a last chance saloon.

Thats not strictly the case.

There is budget there to bring in reinforcements as and when Maher, Benno & Currie see fit. That isn’t dependent on players leaving.

Ultimately, Sayers won’t rack in a load of cash if this trial is successful. It’ll be some nominal fee with loads of add ons, sell on fee etc.

Spurs, and a couple of other Premier League sides for that matter, have been sniffing around Sayers for a couple of months now. This deal, if there is one to be made, will be peanuts for Spurs or any other premier league side. They can afford to Chuck money at these types of signings, and if one in a hundred pays off then happy days.

We won’t be throwing around cash if Sayers goes.

Is it not possible that it's as simple as a couple of agents from these clubs getting in touch with SUFC and asking to have a closer look and the club not getting in the players way of progress?
Yes. It's entirely possible.

Is it not possible that it's as simple as a couple of agents from these clubs getting in touch with SUFC and asking to have a closer look and the club not getting in the players way of progress?

Correct. It’s a similar situation to this.

This type of thing happens an awful lot. We’ve allowed numerous youth players to play/train with “bigger clubs”. Ted Smith did it, think I’m right in saying Dan Bentley did it and so on.

It happens a lot and doesn’t always get picked up on.

Correct. It’s a similar situation to this.

This type of thing happens an awful lot. We’ve allowed numerous youth players to play/train with “bigger clubs”. Ted Smith did it, think I’m right in saying Dan Bentley did it and so on.

It happens a lot and doesn’t always get picked up on.
The fact that Sayers himself is a massive Spurs fan made it even more difficult to deny him this opportunity.

Good luck to him.

He gets a great move. We get a little bit of cash.

We then get sell ons and it builds relationships.

Probably has plenty of potential but from what I have seen in all the games he played this season I am staggered these clubs are in for him.

Good luck though to him.

Prob worth £100/200k to us, not massive money but every little bit helps. If ge turns into a decent player and sells on that's where we could male some real dollar

Back