• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scam phonecalls at work

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
A few times a year I receive phonecalls at work from people that know my name and generally claim to be:

1. Checking I will be around to take delivery of a high value item from Microsoft or Sun microsystems.

2. Saying they are HR and asking my desk number and who sits next to me.

Does anyone else get these sort of calls or understand what type of scam these people are trying to pull?

Deadly assassins, lulling you into a false sense of security that taking deliveries will provide before eliminating the threat you pose to their corporate espionage missions.

If I were you, I'd flee. Quickly.

A few times a year I receive phonecalls at work from people that know my name and generally claim to be:

1. Checking I will be around to take delivery of a high value item from Microsoft or Sun microsystems.

2. Saying they are HR and asking my desk number and who sits next to me.

Does anyone else get these sort of calls or understand what type of scam these people are trying to pull?

The people that make these calls do them from outside your house, to make sure you are safely at your office. They then silently force entry into your house and spend about an hour trying on your wife's underwear, and trying to remould the arse shaped dent in the armchair opposite the TV. They also rim your milk.

Thanks for the advice.

I would hate to think I am on a sucker list somewhere.

Especially when I consider myself to be a player.

We had a lot of cold calls purporting to sell advertising space on behalf of our "local constabulary", they are normally told politely thanks but no thanks. Until one day they got through to our accountant who asked them to send him a proof. They did and it was awaful, but they also sent a bill for £550 for the privilege. When challenged they said they had a verbal contract with us. I pointed out the words of Sam Goldwyn that a verbal contract wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, if they wanted to sue us please do so, if not **** off and don't call again. Unsurprisingly we didn't hear from them again.

We had a lot of cold calls purporting to sell advertising space on behalf of our "local constabulary", they are normally told politely thanks but no thanks. Until one day they got through to our accountant who asked them to send him a proof. They did and it was awaful, but they also sent a bill for £550 for the privilege. When challenged they said they had a verbal contract with us. I pointed out the words of Sam Goldwyn that a verbal contract wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, if they wanted to sue us please do so, if not **** off and don't call again. Unsurprisingly we didn't hear from them again.

How much does it cost to sponsor a bobby?

I reckon Dick Spooner would be better value than a right-back for a SZ sponsorship. Would we get brand SZ read out over the tannoy every time he made an arrest?

Back