• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scannell: make or break time

Gorshin

With our less than bare-bones squad, Scannell should at least start on Saturday. This is his massive opportunity. Will he take it? The jury is definitely out. I'm not sure he has the pace or quality to make it. I'd love to be proved wrong. TBH he's not had much football, but often looks ponderous when he does come on. Discuss.

tbf to him, it is always harder coming on from the subs bench as it takes a while to get into the pace of the game. Saturday is his big chance. At the end of the day, he can't be any poorer than Betsy was on saturday

Well theres nobody else to start, so it's for him to take it or lose it!!

The choice is his... I'd love to see him do well. He made Konchesky look like a mug in the friendly - would love to see him play like that week in week out and a run of games might just help him to get to that level.

The quality is there, but is the application?...

He still looks unfit to me! For ****'s sake he must be better than Betsy, or Moussa.

He still looks unfit to me! For ****'s sake he must be better than Betsy, or Moussa.

Have a laugh, Moussa's been one of the best players this season, especially in the last few matches.

I think I've read just about everything on here now. :dizzy: Scannel better than Moussa. :dizzy:

No pace, doesn't score goals, not strong enough, no good in the air (not big enough) etc etc etc.

I see where your coming from, but can't agree.

He looks relatively composed on the ball, looks more built-up since his loan spell and is the only player than can seem to find a decent pass at the moment.

Oh how opinions differ... There are more important issues at the moment though! :)

In what little time Scannell has been given in his rightful position he has done really well... pre-season - Bristol Rovers away and now tonight!!! I know who I would rather face is I was an opposition full back and thats Betsy. He has been terrible recently and couldn't take the ball past me let alone a league 1 defender!

Can we finally give Scannell a chance!!!

Dont be silly we will just sign another winger/striker on loan or play O'Keefe in his place when Grant returns

Maybe its Time to give some of the other youth ago.. Betsy tries but he clearly isn't good enough on the right, so scannell should start.. Lets hope we get some players in before saturday.

Scannell won't play this weekend.

Team will be:

Mildy; Sankofa, Clarke, Barrett, Herd; Franno, Moose, Grant, Betsy;Robinson, Barney.

I'll be amazed if Scannell dosent start.

Showed last night he can do it when he wants to.

Completely my opinion rather than based on any fact, but to me Scannell looks terribly light on the confidence front. He comes across sometimes like a youth player who's happy to be involved with the squad, but without any of that youthful self-confidence.

Completely my opinion rather than based on any fact, but to me Scannell looks terribly light on the confidence front. He comes across sometimes like a youth player who's happy to be involved with the squad, but without any of that youthful self-confidence.

Agreed, coupled with the fact that Betsy is playing poorly but still manages to keep his place ahead of Scannell, it can't be helping his confidence!

Looking at the pics on the OS, he definitely needs to shift some weight

Back