• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

School Sports Day.

callan

Striker
Both my kids have had there sports days this week, and both managed to contrive to come last in every event they entered.
My eldest daughter was spectactularly bad and provided some real comedy moments especially when she managed to tie up some poor kid with a skipping rope in the skipping relay race.
Whilst I appreciate they are only kids, and it's the ''taking part'' that matters...I must confess to being a little disturbed by their total lack of co-ordination, and inability to produce a speed faster than an asmatic snail.
Also of concern is that neither of them gave a rats ar5e about coming last,
coming out with nonsense like "I'm a good chaser" to the unbelievable ''I might have won that if I had gone the right way".
I wouldnt describe either of them as being unfit/overweight etc so I'm not sure what to put this sh!ttiness at sports down too...any Zoners got any ideas why my kids are so cr@p at sport?
I'm at my wits end here trying to work it out.

Urgh just remembered when I had to do the 1500m for sports day in between lessons, finished 7th out of 13th ( i think ) but I still can't believe they made us do lessons after that. Slave drivers.

They take after there Father?....:whistling:

That was a very ovbious answer - I just wonder if he genuinly hadn't realised that this may well be a legitimate reason.....

Plus when your father supports Southend United then it's fair to say that the winning mentality is something that the family is not used to experiencing very often and therefore not enstowed into the children.

Urgh just remembered when I had to do the 1500m for sports day in between lessons, finished 7th out of 13th ( i think ) but I still can't believe they made us do lessons after that. Slave drivers.

Id perform so crap so that I didnt have to do those types of events lol

We never had official sport days at school, we had those interform competitions. Did come 2nd in the Javelin though out of 9 forms, which is quite good for me.

That was a very ovbious answer - I just wonder if he genuinly hadn't realised that this may well be a legitimate reason.....

Plus when your father supports Southend United then it's fair to say that the winning mentality is something that the family is not used to experiencing very often and therefore not enstowed into the children.

Nope not buying this...I could beat beat you Cricko and MTS in a 100 yard dash, plus the only time my kids ever went to southend was in our promotion season from L1, and on special occaisions when they have been really good they are allowed to watch the destination championship video so it can't be blamed on Southend united either.

Nope not buying this...I could beat beat you Cricko and MTS in a 100 yard dash, plus the only time my kids ever went to southend was in our promotion season from L1, and on special occaisions when they have been really good they are allowed to watch the destination championship video so it can't be blamed on Southend united either.

Maybe they just didnt want to take part in the Sports Day. Not all kids like doing sport.

Maybe they just didnt want to take part in the Sports Day. Not all kids like doing sport.

On the contrary they have no problem with sport, and do look forward to sports day...which is somewhat surprising considering how bad they are.

BLUEBLOOD Junior had an inter school cricket match the other day, his year 3s vs the year 4s ... he got 3 wickets while bowling and 130 not out from a winning score of 196-7

I have no idea where he got his talent from as i could be decribed as a "game trier" at best

Hopefully in 2 years time he will be joining Southend CC :cool:

Possibly, although I'm doing a 5k run for chharidee tonight - you can sponsor me! - so I'm not as unfit as I might appear!.

But neither I, nor the kids I don't yet have, were competing in your kids' sports day.

:D

And Sam is probably fitter than the lot of us, as a regular footballer!

:stunned:

BLUEBLOOD Junior had an inter school cricket match the other day, his year 3s vs the year 4s ... he got 3 wickets while bowling and 130 not out from a winning score of 196-7

I have no idea where he got his talent from as i could be decribed as a "game trier" at best

Hopefully in 2 years time he will be joining Southend CC :cool:

From his father Lee mate ...now job is to find out who he is ..;)

Possibly, although I'm doing a 5k run for chharidee tonight - you can sponsor me! - so I'm not as unfit as I might appear!.

Can't sponsor you as when I try and create an account it says I already have one for that email address. So I ask for the password reminder, and it sends (the whole password). I enter the password and it says "We cannot find an account that matches that email/password" :madman:

Can I use the paypal button in your sig, or will that confuse the Shrimperzone accountant?

The staff had a whip round .. that accounted for just over £4k :D

Seriously though Matt .. top top effort :clap:

Uncle Sherberts (as in my employer) stumped up £2,500! I'd say most of the rest was raised by me alone, though - I'm well past the £1K barrier, I think - fairly chuffed with that. Thanks to all who have donated so far!

:clap:

And keep donating if you haven't done yet.... pretty please!

Both my kids have had there sports days this week, and both managed to contrive to come last in every event they entered.
My eldest daughter was spectactularly bad and provided some real comedy moments especially when she managed to tie up some poor kid with a skipping rope in the skipping relay race.
Whilst I appreciate they are only kids, and it's the ''taking part'' that matters...I must confess to being a little disturbed by their total lack of co-ordination, and inability to produce a speed faster than an asmatic snail.
Also of concern is that neither of them gave a rats ar5e about coming last,
coming out with nonsense like "I'm a good chaser" to the unbelievable ''I might have won that if I had gone the right way".
I wouldnt describe either of them as being unfit/overweight etc so I'm not sure what to put this sh!ttiness at sports down too...any Zoners got any ideas why my kids are so cr@p at sport?
I'm at my wits end here trying to work it out.

Sports days at schools are treated mostly at junior schools as a 'fun day' and at senior schools as 'bit of a laugh'. Sometimes parents are the reasons they are cancelled as one school had parents fighting lol!

My son was put in long jump by his 'head of house' and was not impressed at all by this as; isn't a good sprinter or jumper etc. Thus made no sense so he just took part not really bothering as the other houses entrants were better and he just kept his spirits up.

Ask your kids in all seriousness what was there plan? Why specifically last? Had someone spoken to them from school about it?

Back