• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
Now is the time to prove the Scotland trip wasn't a waste of both club and Trust's money. The money donated was in the hope that we had a decent start to the season and would help throughout the campaign. I admittedly was against the idea and thought it was a waste of money. Now's the time to prove me wrong, i hope i was wrong and if it turns out that way i will hold my hands up and admit it. If however the season dosn't turn out how we are being led to believe, i hope those who were so pro-Scotland will have the balls to say they were wrong and it was a waste of time and money!

I'm not sure it can be quantified that easily?

If the tour was a success, it wouldnt guarantee a successful season - it will help, but there are a myriad of other factors (and luck) that need to combine for us to have success.

Likewise, it could have been a big fat waste of time and we win the league.

Dont see how the 2 are linked - or at least how you can link them. I think the fact that the players all seem to say that moral and spirit is great behind the scenes is enough to know it at least wasnt a complete waste.

I'm not sure it can be quantified that easily?

If the tour was a success, it wouldnt guarantee a successful season - it will help, but there are a myriad of other factors (and luck) that need to combine for us to have success.

Likewise, it could have been a big fat waste of time and we win the league.

Dont see how the 2 are linked - or at least how you can link them. I think the fact that the players all seem to say that moral and spirit is great behind the scenes is enough to know it at least wasnt a complete waste.

In which case they should have gone to Norfolk and it been a lot cheaper!

The money donated was in the hope that we had a decent start to the season and would help throughout the campaign.

I thought the purpose of the trip was to help the players bond. I didn't realise it was to ensure a successful season.

Surely the time to prove this was about three weeks before it happened, not now.

Now is the time to prove the Scotland trip wasn't a waste of both club and Trust's money. The money donated was in the hope that we had a decent start to the season and would help throughout the campaign. I admittedly was against the idea and thought it was a waste of money. Now's the time to prove me wrong, i hope i was wrong and if it turns out that way i will hold my hands up and admit it. If however the season dosn't turn out how we are being led to believe, i hope those who were so pro-Scotland will have the balls to say they were wrong and it was a waste of time and money!

immeasurable and intangible

How would Norfolk be much cheaper then Scotland?

They could have stayed with me :winking: rent up front mind, they wouldn't have got it on credit

Back