• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jimmyshrimp

Manager
Tony Warner starts for Blues as does John Spicer. Scott Donnelly on the bench.

Brogan put on twitter that he had come back down to Southend from up North yesterday so don't know why he isn't playing.

Would think Luggy has seen enough of Brogan to know he's worth signing. Not sure Leonard in centre mid fills me with much confidence, why arent we trialling any defensive midfielders?

Ah thats fair enough on Brogan, perhaps while the game is on he will be thrashing out a deal with Ronald McDonald.

I read good stuff about him as well, but he's been on trial at both Rotherham and Bradford this summer so there must be something not so great about him. Hopefully he just had off days at both trials.

I read good stuff about him as well, but he's been on trial at both Rotherham and Bradford this summer so there must be something not so great about him. Hopefully he just had off days at both trials.

Or he doesn't fancy the frozen north. :unsure:

Could be, to be fair I don't know if it was the teams or his decision not to sign. However it does seem he has been on Sturrock's radar since we were in for Tomlin and Straker.

looked ok, but i think leonard in the centre of midfield is a bit of a revelation! battles well and uses the ball well, makes himself available for a pass as well. if PS agrees it may save us a bit of money as we wont need 2 more midfielders

It sounds as though Donnelly wouldn't play a standard central midfield role, more of the one in the hole behind the front men. Not sure if that's something we're after or not though. With Ferdinand & Timlin (& you could include Leonard) on our books as the central men with Spicer soon to join them, Brogan can play there too if he signs so maybe Donnelly is a step too far. Then again, if he's the better footballer who knows.

looked ok, but i think leonard in the centre of midfield is a bit of a revelation! battles well and uses the ball well, makes himself available for a pass as well. if PS agrees it may save us a bit of money as we wont need 2 more midfielders

I've been saying try Leonard with Timlin for ages and alot of people have disagreed but i think it was a great move by PS this evening, Leonard had a solid game in centre mid and he is not afraid to have a crack neither, something which we lack massively in centre midfield

I've been saying try Leonard with Timlin for ages and alot of people have disagreed but i think it was a great move by PS this evening, Leonard had a solid game in centre mid and he is not afraid to have a crack neither, something which we lack massively in centre midfield

I thought he was well off the pace personally and out wide is his position

Back