• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Soccer: Is Scott on way out?

Goal ace Scott McGleish feels his days at Colchester United are numbered.

The 30-year-old striker, who finished the 2003-04 season as the U's top scorer with 17 goals, today told the Evening Gazette: "I feel as though I'm not wanted anymore.

"And if the club thinks I'm going to wait around all summer for the offer of a suitable contract, they've got another thing coming.

"I've got a wife and little boy to think about. I know a lot of the fans are going to think I'm walking out on the club after turning my back on the offer of a one-year contract.

"But I feel that I'm being pushed out of the door!

"Wherever I finish up I hope the fans will understand."

McGleish, whose current one-year contract expires in June, claimed he has only been offered a new carbon-copy deal with the same terms, despite finishing last season as the club's highest scorer.

U's boss Phil Parkinson said of McGleish's situation: "We've offered Scotty a one-year deal, but he's holding out for two.

"Sometimes these issues take a little time to sort out."
--------------------------------------------------------

'Wherever I end up?' - sounds like he think the Ewes fans might not like where he goes. Let's hope so - he'd be a great signing IMO.

17 goals in the Second Division is pretty good...

I hope we do sign him, Would be an excellent signing, and would probably p*ss the col ewe off no end. Better all round player than Connie (who can die BTW).
17 goals in the second, so how many do you reckon he could score in the third partnered by Lawrie Dudfield
rock.gif

If he can score 17 in div 2 wont another club in that div be more likely to attempt to sign him, but it would be a good deal for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperShrimper @ May 21 2004,18:02)]If he can score 17 in div 2 wont another club in that div be more likely to attempt to sign him, but it would be a good deal for us.
Maybe, But lets hope not. I do really hope we sign him now, a proven goalscorer in a higher divison, whos a better all round player than Constantine. I wouldn't say no!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet boy @ May 21 2004,17:55)]than Connie (who can die BTW).
Let's not have this cr*p all over again like we did with Rawle last year!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 21 2004,17:38)]Soccer: Is Scott on way out?

Goal ace Scott McGleish feels his days at Colchester United are numbered.

The 30-year-old striker, who finished the 2003-04 season as the U's top scorer with 17 goals, today told the Evening Gazette: "I feel as though I'm not wanted anymore.

"And if the club thinks I'm going to wait around all summer for the offer of a suitable contract, they've got another thing coming.

"I've got a wife and little boy to think about. I know a lot of the fans are going to think I'm walking out on the club after turning my back on the offer of a one-year contract.

"But I feel that I'm being pushed out of the door!

"Wherever I finish up I hope the fans will understand."

McGleish, whose current one-year contract expires in June, claimed he has only been offered a new carbon-copy deal with the same terms, despite finishing last season as the club's highest scorer.

U's boss Phil Parkinson said of McGleish's situation: "We've offered Scotty a one-year deal, but he's holding out for two.

"Sometimes these issues take a little time to sort out."
--------------------------------------------------------
Spaceman Spiff, where did you find this source??
I've been looking around on the internet and can't find it.

Oh sorry Andy S, i was a bit p*ssed off at the time, and i apolagize for my behaviour, Well most of it.
wink.gif

where does this rumour come from? i dont believe a word of it meself! and hes not a better player than constantine, no southend fan would have said that he is a month ago. leons gone, bite the bullet and accept it!

He'd be a decent signing in my eyes. He's just got 17 goals in Div 2, despite not being in favour with the manager.

He could very well be a decent partner for Dudfield.

Would be a great signing, his proven in both the 3rd and the 2nd. 17 goals is very impressive and wud be a good replacement for Leon.

Seems like if he gets a two year deal then his ours. Like someone said, would be a good move for him with location etc.

Tilly seems to be keen on experence, should be a good mix if we can get SM and one or two others.

He should easily replace constintine(who i doubt will score many in div 2 next year as hes in a poor team and up against better defenders).

17 goals for col u is very impressive indeed, signing him would give us 4 fowards in Drewe,Tes,Dudfield and himself plus we would have corbett,kights and probably husbands(as he wont be able to find himself a decent club)

But we MUST MUST MUST try to keep Maher, hes the one who we would find very hard to replace. Cort can go though if he wants,as he could be easily replaced by someone better e.g Roget.

Don't want to deflate anyone's expectations, but he only got 11 in the second division last season... 6 of his goals came in the LDV, and indeed 3 came in one match (their regional semi win over Northampton).

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ May 24 2004,15:46)]He should easily replace constintine(who i doubt will score many in div 2 next year as hes in a poor team and up against better defenders).

17 goals for col u is very impressive indeed, signing him would give us 4 fowards in Drewe,Tes,Dudfield and himself plus we would have corbett,kights and probably husbands(as he wont be able to find himself a decent club)

But we MUST MUST MUST try to keep Maher, hes the one who we would find very hard to replace. Cort can go though if he wants,as he could be easily replaced by someone better e.g Roget.
I agree, but i would prefer cort to stay aswell. How much would Roget want?
rock.gif
Could we afford him?
rock.gif

I would prefer Mcgleish to Constantine though, not just because Connie left us, but i feel McGleish may add more to the team.

McGleish would be a real good replacement for Conny, but like others have said we must try our hardest to keep Maher.

Come on Captain Kev don't leave the ship now!
smile.gif

Back