• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott Parker England captain

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
A particularly underwhelming appointment, although at least it's not Gerrard.

What channel's showing tonight's game?

Cue loads of "It's only England, I don't care posts" Yawn. If you don't care, don't post.

'Heads ... no ... tails ... actually ... heads ... tails ... heads ... tails ... gah!' No pressure, Scott. No pressure.
@BGlendenning

Would have preferred Joe Hart to be honest.

'Heads ... no ... tails ... actually ... heads ... tails ... heads ... tails ... gah!' No pressure, Scott. No pressure.
@BGlendenning

Would have preferred Joe Hart to be honest.

Agree completely, would have put this tiresome issue to bed for 10 years. Guaranteed to play, inspirational character. People say you cant have a keeper, yes it really has harmed Spain.

Agree completely, would have put this tiresome issue to bed for 10 years. Guaranteed to play, inspirational character. People say you cant have a keeper, yes it really has harmed Spain.

Yeah he seems like a really good guy in the camp, mentally strong and like you say will be a guaranteed started for a long time I'm sure. Also I don't think he likes to dick teammates wives.

The best person to lead by example in my opinion. It is for one game only so hardly worth discussing.

Why does the phrase Titanic.Deckchairs.Re-arrange. come to mind?:unsure:

Why do you seem to take delight in England possibly falling short? Seems to be a generally left wing trait, I dont understand it. Heaven help us if England actually lost on a regular basis, one would think they did by some of the reaction but in fact it is a very rare occurrence.

Why do you seem to take delight in England possibly falling short? Seems to be a generally left wing trait, I dont understand it. Heaven help us if England actually lost on a regular basis, one would think they did by some of the reaction but in fact it is a very rare occurrence

They can win all the pointless friendlies they want to, squeak all the qualifiers by the odd goal, but they only lose when it really matters.

They can win all the pointless friendlies they want to, but they only lose when it really matters.

So does every team bar one in every tournament. 15 teams will lose at some point this summer, are they all necessarily failures? And I bet people aren't so quick to criticise Italy, Germany etc if they happen to fall short.

So does every team bar one in every tournament. 15 teams will lose at some point this summer, are they all necessarily failures? And I bet people aren't so quick to criticise Italy, Germany etc if they happen to fall short.

But Neil my friend, if they showed like they cared, and even tried, rather then I'd be behind England. I'm sorry but they just don't care, and asking me to care about those who don't is asking too much. Give me the England of Gazza, Lineker, Pearce etc they cared - the current lot just worry about their latest Baby Bentleys and super injunctions.

A particularly underwhelming appointment, although at least it's not Gerrard.

What channel's showing tonight's game?

Cue loads of "It's only England, I don't care posts" Yawn. If you don't care, don't post.

Best of a bad bunch up for the award as we've discussed on here a zillion times

Who would you have gone with Matt ??

As an aside me Badger74 and a couple of my mates are thinking of heading down The Spread tonight to play darts and watch the match if anyone else fancies it

Best of a bad bunch up for the award as we've discussed on here a zillion times

Who would you have gone with Matt ??

Not a 31 year old with only 10 caps to his name, who hasn't been to a major tournament, doesn't captain his club side, has minimal European experience and whose domestic honours seem rather limited. Has even played in a semi-final let alone a final? I'd also rather it go to someone who would be a definite starter.

Not entirely enthused by him as captain, but Joe Hart would be a better candidate for starters. Maybe Pearce is just looking ahead and wanted to give the captaincy to someone who the new manager could very easily take it off?

Back