• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott Spencer

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
Is he the new Johnny Herd!!

Yet another match where he was not given a chance, even though the last time I saw him play he was excellent (Col Ewe away).

Surley he would have done better last night than Laurent or even Moussa (who was bl**dy lazy and not fighting for the cause).

It seems to me sometimes that Tilson doesn't pick his teams on ability but on whoever is flavour of the month or who's face fits the most!

End of rant

Tilson sees them every day and makes decisions based on things we dont see.

Vernon and Paterson worked well and was a good choice.

Moussa came on in an overworked and stretched midfield, so whats that got to do with Spencer?

As for Laurent, maybe he thought his running and trickery could create something, whereas Spencer would need us to create chances for him which we werent doing.

If Laurent had scored from that rebound this thread wouldnt exist and reporting on decisions made during the game with hindsight is easy...

Last edited:
True I think he could have done a better job than Moussa did last night, from what I have seen of Spencer he does seem to chase down the ball. Laurent needs to start putting chances away and looking up, then he will be a good player to have.

Wasn't bad against us, i was biting my nails a few times when he had a shot. Him and Vernon up front should cause a few problems.

Tilson sees them every day and makes decisions based on things we dont see.
Vernon and Paterson worked well and was a good choice.

Moussa came on in an overworked and stretched midfield, so whats that got to do with Spencer?

As for Laurent, maybe he thought his running and trickery could create something, whereas Spencer would need us to create chances for him which we werent doing.

If Laurent had scored from that rebound this thread wouldnt exist and reporting on decisions made during the game with hindsight is easy...

Maybe Tilly's judgement is lacking nowerdays!

Yet another match where he was not given a chance, even though the last time I saw him play he was excellent (Col Ewe away).

Surley he would have done better last night than Laurent or even Moussa (who was bl**dy lazy and not fighting for the cause).

It seems to me sometimes that Tilson doesn't pick his teams on ability but on whoever is flavour of the month or who's face fits the most!

End of rant

thought the only thing Tilson did wrong last night was no reverting to a midfield four sooner after Patterson went off. Moussa came on because Scannell was knackered, and laurent was put on because he is good with ball at feet. agreed spencer has looked good but there was opportunity last night. johnny herd should play LB, push barrett in centre with baldwin, mvoto is woeful

I thought Moussa played really well when he came on, went in for and won numerous 50 50 challenges and tried to play the ball to feet rather than just lumping it into the corners. We should have however bought Moussa on for Patterson and switched to a 4 man midfield.

Glad to see Macca is getting back to his old self though, just s shame he didn't do Bailey

I like scott spencer, yeah last time i saw him play was against col ewe away, and he played good. I love his effort, his speed and his determination. We need people like him in a squad like ours.

I thought Moussa played really well when he came on, went in for and won numerous 50 50 challenges and tried to play the ball to feet rather than just lumping it into the corners. We should have however bought Moussa on for Patterson and switched to a 4 man midfield.

Glad to see Macca is getting back to his old self though, just s shame he didn't do Bailey

You must have been watching a different game! Moussa just could be arsed last night. There was no passion, no hunger & no effort. He bottled out of tackles or did not make the effort to get to a player to make the tackle.

Moussa will be gone at the end of the season & that has been borne out by his effort over the last few months. Undoubted talent, but has his head up his own arse or has crap advisors. At 19/20 you have loads to learn, as the likes of Rooney, Milner, Owen, Beckham etc will all testify!

Regardless of Tilly's tactical errors, dropping the sulking Moussa isn't one of them.

On the subject of Spencer, did anybody else see him walk down to the South Bank with his shirt hidden in his hand & give it to a little girl who was no more than 3 or 4 years old? Know nothing about it, but it looked a great gesture!

You must have been watching a different game! Moussa just could be arsed last night. There was no passion, no hunger & no effort. He bottled out of tackles or did not make the effort to get to a player to make the tackle.

Moussa will be gone at the end of the season & that has been borne out by his effort over the last few months. Undoubted talent, but has his head up his own arse or has crap advisors. At 19/20 you have loads to learn, as the likes of Rooney, Milner, Owen, Beckham etc will all testify!

Regardless of Tilly's tactical errors, dropping the sulking Moussa isn't one of them.

On the subject of Spencer, did anybody else see him walk down to the South Bank with his shirt hidden in his hand & give it to a little girl who was no more than 3 or 4 years old? Know nothing about it, but it looked a great gesture!

Rich...did you also see him look up to the South Upper, smile and give a thumbs up to our welcoming chant of 'Sccrreeeeeeech' at half time? Classic.

Rich...did you also see him look up to the South Upper, smile and give a thumbs up to our welcoming chant of 'Sccrreeeeeeech' at half time? Classic.

Looking forward to meeting him next week, thanks to Roxy! ;)

End of rant

What he said.

when the subs were warming up Scott Spencer kicked the ball and unfortunatly it hit a girl in the face who walking past us in the south stand lower Spencer ran over straight away and keep on apoligising to the girl who was crying and someone shouted give her your shirt not sure if it was the same person but it may have been

Back