• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott Spencer

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
In the past we have lamented about how the likes of Paynter, Hooper etc have been a pile of poo for us but have come good once they moved on. we always moan about this and is does always seem the case.

I wonder if Rochdale fans are now thinking the same thing. It took a while for Scotty to be given games but he has scored a few goals now, both with his head and feet. He is lively, runs the channels and gets in the right positions.

I think with more fitness, games and a good pre-season, he will live up to the player he was when Everton paid 500k for him.

I am so hoping Rochdale fans are on their forums cussing the fact he was released and why he couldn't do the business for them in L2.

As Rochdale are about 10 points ahead at the top of the table and ready to climb out of the basement for the first time in 40 years I doubt it. Even more so if/when they pass us going in the opposite direction.

As Rochdale are about 10 points ahead at the top of the table and ready to climb out of the basement for the first time in 40 years I doubt it. Even more so if/when they pass us going in the opposite direction.

League position aside, just the thing about a player turning it on for another team really

Were we lamenting the loss of Billy Paynter when Barnard had smashed in 17 by Christmas? I suspect it's a similar feeling with Rochdale fans and Chris O'Grady.

Were we lamenting the loss of Billy Paynter when Barnard had smashed in 17 by Christmas? I suspect it's a similar feeling with Rochdale fans and Chris O'Grady.

Paynter still smashing in them in for Swindon, where is Barney now.

You are probably right tho.

Does it not bug you that these players can do it elsewhere but not for us. If Paynter had done it for us, we could be in the Championship now.

Kightly bugs me the most... We didn't allow him to stay with us until he had physically developed into a full specimen of man (wahey) and as soon as he was quicker and stronger he was a far more daunting prospect for opposition defenders. When he played the LDV games his skill was there to be seen but he never got a fair crack of the whip in the league. Shame.

screech.jpg

In the past we have lamented about how the likes of Paynter, Hooper etc have been a pile of poo for us but have come good once they moved on. we always moan about this and is does always seem the case.

I wonder if Rochdale fans are now thinking the same thing. It took a while for Scotty to be given games but he has scored a few goals now, both with his head and feet. He is lively, runs the channels and gets in the right positions.

I think with more fitness, games and a good pre-season, he will live up to the player he was when Everton paid 500k for him.

I am so hoping Rochdale fans are on their forums cussing the fact he was released and why he couldn't do the business for them in L2.

I like the look of Spencer so far - not just that he's got 4 goals in a handful of games but also the manner in which he scored the goals against Huddersfield and Bristol Rovers suggested he could turn out to be pretty useful. I hope that the fans keep patience with Paterson too otherwise he will be another one to add to the list of forwards who go on to succeed elsewhere.

I like the look of Spencer so far - not just that he's got 4 goals in a handful of games but also the manner in which he scored the goals against Huddersfield and Bristol Rovers suggested he could turn out to be pretty useful. I hope that the fans keep patience with Paterson too otherwise he will be another one to add to the list of forwards who go on to succeed elsewhere.

Agree, both Spencer and Paterson look good acquisitions. They've only had a handful of games, but look to know where the back of the net is. Patience is the key.

I have alaways thought tilly's knowledge in the transfer market is preety poor, maybe the scouts or lack of cash at club etc. but once again he prooves me wrong with Spencer, to take on a striker from a divison below, who has never scored a pro goal is a huge risk IMO, but for me its turned into a great bit of buissness already, well done tilson

Agree, both Spencer and Paterson look good acquisitions. They've only had a handful of games, but look to know where the back of the net is. Patience is the key.

Spencer yes, not sure about Paterson.

Paterson has had moments of brilliance but lots of less flattering moments. However he is young and patience is the key, which is something Southend fans dont posess by the abuse he was getting the last time he played.

i would love to see the conversation.

Agent: Scott, there offering you a grand..

Scott: Is that per week or per month

Agent: They're saying "as and when"

Scott: What does that mean?

Agent: Do you not watch sky sports news at 6.30 am?

Must give Spencer a new contract for next season.

Has a decent return in goals and could become a key player over time.

i would love to see the conversation.

Agent: Scott, there offering you a grand..

Scott: Is that per week or per month

Agent: They're saying "as and when"

Scott: What does that mean?

Agent: Do you not watch sky sports news at 6.30 am?

That made me laugh more than it should have.

Fair play to you.

:D

I have alaways thought tilly's knowledge in the transfer market is preety poor, maybe the scouts or lack of cash at club etc. but once again he prooves me wrong with Spencer, to take on a striker from a divison below, who has never scored a pro goal is a huge risk IMO, but for me its turned into a great bit of buissness already, well done tilson

I think he is on a contract till the end of the season and then it will be discussed then, the only huge risk is if he does well and is essentially a free agent at the end of the season and attracts interest from clubs that pay their players on time

I think IF we go down a little and big man combo would work well. Like the look of Spencer, the way he has taken his goals speaks volumes. Paterson the jury is still out on, needs to beef up a bit and be more nasty. If we stay up, wouldnt mind trying to get Jason Price in, for Carlisle the other week he linked up the play very well and had a very good first touch.

Back