• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott Spencer

I think maybe he should concentrate on his football instead of running his mouth off in the papers!

You can't blame him though, don't think he's got any issues with the fans, just management. Wonder if he's still called Screech up there?

His only real chance of playing is if Ashley Grimes and/or Delroy Facey get injured as they are on a different planet of achievement from him. I'm not impressed with his 'kissing the badge' statement. If he was good enough at Rochdale or Southend he would have got a decent crack of the whip but his 'What can you do?' attitude speaks volumes IMO. We are on the edge of the playoffs without him so he can kiss his Lincoln badge on the pitch (if he ever gets there) all he likes!

Yea, mouthy little **** - and he wonders why Sturrock didnt fancy him. Considering his interviews in the Echo now this and what he had put on Twitter, you get a pretty decent picture of what sort of attitude he had behind the scenes.

Glad Sturrock bombed him out, he was ***** anyways, cannot understand all the 'Screech' loving, very average player who flatters to deceive.

If he put even half the effort on the pitch that he has shown in the press, then he might've actually stood a chance here.

I still rate him a lot, but that's just me what do I know, I said that we shouldn't get rid of Hooper, Kightly, Revell, Paynter but you know!

Some of the responses on here are funny. Whats the big deal? His relishing playing against a side where he didnt get a chance....would you not in that position?

Im sure Matt Harold had the same opinion the other week.

Don't think there's anything wrong with that interview in any way. He doesn't come across mouthy or arrogant, just obviously frustrated.

I hope we batter Lincoln however. :smile:

Don't think there's anything wrong with that interview in any way.

He hasn't said much in that particular interview, but his continued ranting is showing him up. As I said in the previous thread, if he just said something along the lines of, "I think it's fair to say Sturrock didn't like me as a player, I don't feel like I was given a fair opportunity and I'm glad to move so I can start playing again," then he'd be all the better for it and have my best wishes.

It's the disrespectful attitude he's taken that has put me off him. He'd be far better leaving his talking for on the pitch.

He hasn't said much in that particular interview, but his continued ranting is showing him up. As I said in the previous thread, if he just said something along the lines of, "I think it's fair to say Sturrock didn't like me as a player, I don't feel like I was given a fair opportunity and I'm glad to move so I can start playing again," then he'd be all the better for it and have my best wishes.

It's the disrespectful attitude he's taken that has put me off him. He'd be far better leaving his talking for on the pitch.

The Press are going to whip this match up to crazy levels, due to the recent history. No doubt the jouro has been asked to keep prodding away until he gets a reaction. Let's face it, could of been a hell of a lot more bitter.

The Press are going to whip this match up to crazy levels, due to the recent history. No doubt the jouro has been asked to keep prodding away until he gets a reaction. Let's face it, could of been a hell of a lot more bitter.

That doesn't excuse his outbursts on Twitter, which took a very disrespectful tone. If he's that bitter about a manager not taking to him, then I feel he's in the wrong trade.

That doesn't excuse his outbursts on Twitter, which took a very disrespectful tone. If he's that bitter about a manager not taking to him, then I feel he's in the wrong trade.

Fair enough, I'm not on Twitter so I've no knowledge of them.

Even before he left Southend his twitter feed showed him up as a bit of a tool, and not the sharpest one either.

If he's that bitter about a manager not taking to him, then I feel he's in the wrong trade.

Add at least half the premier league players in that too. I actually think its part of the trade with football. As you say though lets do our talking on the pitch and prove that we didnt need him.

We're not the first club to doubt his attitude and we no doubt won't be the last. As I've said previously, his last action in our shirt was to tell Widdrington to **** off during the Morecambe game. Nail. In. Coffin.

Not bitter? Whatever!

We're not the first club to doubt his attitude and we no doubt won't be the last. As I've said previously, his last action in our shirt was to tell Widdrington to **** off during the Morecambe game. Nail. In. Coffin.

Not bitter? Whatever!

Well to be fair, that's pretty much what Sturrock/Ron/Tara Boom-de-aye did soon after anyhoo!

Back