• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Clyde beat East Stirling 7-1 with 7 different scorers

I wonder if that is a record for a first class fixture??

On a slightly different level back in the mid 90s my Sunday League side North Bank United won 20-0 verses Milton Athletic with IIRC 10 scorers, including our keeper who scored a penalty .. Stand up Lee Oliver as the lad who didnt pack his shooting boots that day

At university, my hall won an inter-hall game 24-0. I was playing right midfield, so I was in a fairly attacking position. I must have had six or seven assists, but no goals. Even the goalie scored two - it took me a good few terms to live that down.

On a slightly different level back in the mid 90s my Sunday League side North Bank United won 20-0 verses Milton Athletic with IIRC 10 scorers, including our keeper who scored a penalty .. Stand up Lee Oliver as the lad who didnt pack his shooting boots that day

Not sure the Scottish Div 3 can be classed as a first class fixture :winking:

A fine win for Brora Rangers yesterday in the Highland League, who beat hapless Fort William 16-0 (SIXTEEEN)!

LOL and the ref made some poor decisions, as well! :smile:

A fine win for Brora Rangers yesterday in the Highland League, who beat hapless Fort William 16-0 (SIXTEEEN)!
...the 15th looked offside!

Fort William my adopted second team :cry:. Problem is, football isn't that popular in that part of Scotland, Shinty is the preferred game. FW often put out a team comprising a lot of youths, so it really is men against boys.

Seven has been done a few times, Manchester City V Norwich (2013/14) & Leeds V Chelsea (1967/68).

However, Liverpool seem to be the kings of this, as they had Eight different goalscorers in their 9-0 win over Crystal Palace in 1989.

& they had Nine different goalscorers in their 11-0 win at Anfield against Stromsgodset in the 1st round of the European Cup Winners Cup in 1974.

Some great names on that team sheet:

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/815

Seven has been done a few times, Manchester City V Norwich (2013/14) & Leeds V Chelsea (1967/68).

However, Liverpool seem to be the kings of this, as they had Eight different goalscorers in their 9-0 win over Crystal Palace in 1989.

& they had Nine different goalscorers in their 11-0 win at Anfield against Stromsgodset in the 1st round of the European Cup Winners Cup in 1974.

Some great names on that team sheet:

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/815

If that were us, people would be moaning about our strikers not scoring enough:unsure:

Don't you know it!... Most likely they would concentrate on moaning about all the missed opportunities instead of the goals. :unsure:

Fort William Update : Another marvellous display today, losing 13-0 to Fraserburgh.

Even by their lowly standards, this is a humiliating season so far!

Yes, a dreadful season but the reason is partly that there were rumours that the club would return to amateur status. Many players left and you can understand why. This season they've struggled to fill the bench.

Players get paid £15 a game, the referee gets £85! Crowds number about 80 at £7 a ticket. Away travel averages £600 a game so simple maths tells you the football side of the club is losing money. One of the clubs in that league pays £250 a game. Money, eh?

I guess Lossiemouth have similar issues, Rob.

I'm sure, a few years back, Brora Rangers won the Highland League and refused to go into the Scottish 3rd Division, due to the extra travelling not being financially viable to sustain the club?

When Meadowbank got elected to the Scottish League in 1974 as Ferranti Thistle, they were completely unknown. They saw off several more established Highland League sides on the basis that the existing clubs didn't want to travel that far for games.

Brora Rovers lost a play off to East Kilbride for the right to play East Stirlingshire in the Division Three play off. Brora itself is north of Inverness. I drove from there to Aberdeen once. Looks simple on a map. Took hours....

Another horror day for Fort William.

Beaten 14-1 !

One fella scored SIX goals!

12-1 today!

Sadly, FW were winning 1-0 the other week when the match was abandoned! .. Now that's just bad luck!

Back