• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence?

• Bog Off and Good Riddance

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Let's Stick Together

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Donald, Where's Your Troosers?

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reg Martin

No Relation
Looks like SNP are going to have a referendum on Scottish independence in next couple of years.
There are currently no plans for a referendum on English independence, but if you could send a message to the people of Scotland as they consider their future, what would it be?

SOME, but not a majority of, Scots would like independence.

The French would love the Scots to have independence, because they perceive that it would weaken their biggest rival.

We should oppose independence for Scotland because:

1: It would weaken us as a country.

2: It would please the French.

IMHO 2: Is the only arguement necessary to demonstrate the folly of splitting up the Union.

Q.E.D.

Anything that gives the French any reason at all to be happy should be stamped on from the outset. I propose marshall law and tanks on the streets of Glasgow and Edinburgh to put paid to this possibility of French happiness.

Anything that gives the French any reason at all to be happy should be stamped on from the outset. I propose marshall law and tanks on the streets of Glasgow and Edinburgh to put paid to this possibility of French happiness.

And if tanks are sent to hammer the Scots, I hope I can join up again, with Groutie as Her Majesty's Commander in Chief.

At the moment, yes, give it to them. Why can Scottish MPs vote on English matters but English MPs can't vote on Scottish matters? Why do the Scottish get more money per head of the population than the English do? I'm sure the Scots have reasons which they think are valid but I doubt whether I'd agree with them.

If it was a fair union, I'd keep it. But it's not, so I won't.

Scots would bottle it once it came to a vote.. So that will be another 50 years of whinging then

I like the Scot's. Well, more than the welsh anyway. I have had more admiration for them - since the glasgow airport attack, and as the blokes were burning to death, and even after they were handcuffed, the glaswegians went for the ****ers, which i thought was fantastic, more than you get if it happened again in London. Brave lot, the scots.

I like the Scot's. Well, more than the welsh anyway. I have had more admiration for them - since the glasgow airport attack, and as the blokes were burning to death, and even after they were handcuffed, the glaswegians went for the ****ers, which i thought was fantastic, more than you get if it happened again in London. Brave lot, the scots.
Too right J,go to france and belgium and your see thousands of scottish lads from proud regiments north and south of the border who laid down their lives for Britain in the name of freedom i salute them

Back