• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scottish Independence

Scottish independence - Yes or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
What's your view? I've yet to be convinced about how an independent Scotland would survive. I suspect this is a bargaining tool for more devolved power and concessions...

What's your view? I've yet to be convinced about how an independent Scotland would survive. I suspect this is a bargaining tool for more devolved power and concessions...

They want to go it alone but still want the pound (still to be voted on I know). Rubbish in my opinion

They want to go it alone but still want the pound (still to be voted on I know). Rubbish in my opinion
I am far from convinced that this is the majority view; as with most politics the noisy are often a small section of "extremists" who are allowed too much credence & then thrive on the discord they can cause.

I agree. To be honest I'm surprised this has taken so long to come up on here. I think they could survive but they wouldn't be a particularly prosperous nation and very much down the pecking order in Europe despite what mr salmond says.

More importantly would they they get a place in the Eurovision Song Contest?

More importantly would they they get a place in the Eurovision Song Contest?[/QUOTE]

They can have ours if they like.:smile:

The Scots don't trust us. But it may be they trust Salmond & Sturgeon & all the other SNP big fish even less!
Personally I hope they stay with us but if not then good luck & be careful what you wish for!

They get very wound up when English folk have an opinion on it, as if it's none of our business (of course it is, we're part of the UK and they are talking about the UK being broken up) so let's all be sure to talk about it as much as possible.

Does this mean passport control at Hadrians wall .

The Scottish Nat bigots would have your guts for garters after that statement. Cue a long line of bile and hatred pointing out that Hadrians Wall is in England and is not the border and "know your history" etc etc. :winking: I could write a long diatribe against the Nats but would probably bore you to death. In short any "nation" that has a bee in its bonnet about their only success against the FEBs (effing English *******s) the battle of Bannockburn in 1314 are not worthy of the status. So we really get wound up over Agincourt founght in 1415 and still hate the French? It's all complete bollocks.
Listen the greatest growth in Scotland economically was post Union. They will not admit it but it's true. And this crap about Scottishness. My wife is Scottish, but as she lives in England has no vote in the referendum. Most of her family moved from Ireland in the 1840s during the Irish potato famine (75% of Dundee at one time was of Irish descent). No one spoke Gaelic in the lowlands or east which is another pile of crap. Most of Scottish wealth came from the Empire. Baxters in Dundee produced the sail cloth for HMS Victory and the British navy for example. Glasgow built the ships for the Empire etc etc. The Nats don't mention the UK proping up the Scottish coal industry for years (it made no profit after 1945 at all) Most but not all of my wife's family are voting No.

And another thing :smile:
I had the misfortune to be in Dundee in 2002 when England were playing Argentina in the World Cup. The number of complete t wats wearing the Argentinian shirt in town was disgusting. The Scottish Sun was egging them on. Banter my arse. I tell you when Beckham scored that penalty I was roaring. The Nats are bigots to a man. Very sad

The Scottish Nat bigots would have your guts for garters after that statement. Cue a long line of bile and hatred pointing out that Hadrians Wall is in England and is not the border and "know your history" etc etc. :winking: I could write a long diatribe against the Nats but would probably bore you to death. In short any "nation" that has a bee in its bonnet about their only success against the FEBs (effing English *******s) the battle of Bannockburn in 1314 are not worthy of the status. So we really get wound up over Agincourt founght in 1415 and still hate the French? It's all complete bollocks.
Listen the greatest growth in Scotland economically was post Union. They will not admit it but it's true. And this crap about Scottishness. My wife is Scottish, but as she lives in England has no vote in the referendum. Most of her family moved from Ireland in the 1840s during the Irish potato famine (75% of Dundee at one time was of Irish descent). No one spoke Gaelic in the lowlands or east which is another pile of crap. Most of Scottish wealth came from the Empire. Baxters in Dundee produced the sail cloth for HMS Victory and the British navy for example. Glasgow built the ships for the Empire etc etc. The Nats don't mention the UK proping up the Scottish coal industry for years (it made no profit after 1945 at all) Most but not all of my wife's family are voting No.
What does the wee pretendy Scotsman Rod Stewart think .

any Scotsman supporting the No vote is keeping their heads down because of the vitriole and bile from the Cybernats. Billy Connolly made a joke about the Scots voting No as they'd no longer have the English to blame for everything if they voted yes and got cut down by the Bigots. Bowie is toast to the Nats afdter the Brits. Roderick will keep his head down I guess.

Personally, I'm intersested in the Scottish referendum because it's an issue here with the two main Catalan independence parties.They're gonna be so disappointed when the inevitable no vote happens.

have met at least 12 scottish "nats", not one was a nice person.in fact one wanted to smash a liter beer glass over my head,only because i was english!!it was 1984,and asked them what they thought about the falklands war..they said it was an english war, not a scottish one !!!! if the scots do go it alone,(dont think they will, hope they dont), then if things do go wrong, they will only then come down "south", to work & live.

Get rid. Can we repatriate all the jocks who live down here and slag off England?

The bullying from the Tories is almost comical now. No BBC! - it's like a naughty child sent to bed without any supper.

The bullying from the Tories is almost comical now. No BBC! - it's like a naughty child sent to bed without any supper.

it's all getting quite ****tish - from both sides. E.g. the SNP thinking that, should Scotland vote 'yes', they'll be able to dictate terms on a lot of matters.

Should we all wake up on September 15th with Scotland having chosen independence, then it will all become a lot more grown up as reality hits. For now it's all just childish rhetoric.

Back