• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Does anyone know anything about it? SUFC are a little odd in that unlike the vast majority of other FL clubs, they publish names of the coaching staff but withhold names of scouts and info on the scouting structure.

The time has come for me to work on the data for Football Manager 2013 but being the obsessive stickler for realism and accuracy that I am, it is frustrating me that the only personnel area in my data not up-to-date is the scouting system.

I have Allan Gemmill as Head Scout. That was accurate as of the end of 2009/10. I know he is a great friend of Tilly's and heard a rumour that he left soon after Tilson did but never found out for sure.

The other three scouts I have in-game are Colin Richardson and Mick MacNeill - this data was accurate as of Summer 2008. I have no idea if these guys are still working for the club and, if not, who has taken their place and in what numbers! I suspect that they have moved on but who knows!? The club never mention anything about the scouting structure.

I seem to remember Sturrock mentioning his own personal scouting network, and that he had scouts abroad. Not sure if they'd be viewed as Southend employees or what their names are.

obviously a very old article, even Luggy should know you can now get flights from Southend to a number of footballing hotbeds! Stansted is soooo 2010

Back