• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scouts at Preston game?

Anyone in the know, know if there were any?
I heard very strong rumours that Hearts were sending scouts to every Championship game on Monday. Confirmed by this I am guessing: -

Hearts plan to buy British

With a number of our players having SPL links, I am just wondering, if the worst does happen on May 6, whether or not guys like Hammell, Gower or even Maher & Macca would be targets?

Anyone in the know, know if there were any?
I heard very strong rumours that Hearts were sending scouts to every Championship game on Monday. Confirmed by this I am guessing: -

Hearts plan to buy British

With a number of our players having SPL links, I am just wondering, if the worst does happen on May 6, whether or not guys like Hammell, Gower or even Maher & Macca would be targets?

Sounds like it could be our match - Prob also looking at Preston stars - SPL might be a good place for Noooge.

Imagine if Fredi was to go and play in Scotland - thats two new languages he'd have to learn !

There may, or may not, have been Scouts there.

What I do know is that listening to the game on the radio I had Brownies in my pants.

Should have kept the faith & not ripped up your ticket then :p :hilarious:

50 bonus points for being the first to hint at that kind of meaning for "scout", I knew we wouldn't make a full hour without someone doing it!

There may, or may not, have been Scouts there.

What I do know is that listening to the game on the radio I had Brownies in my pants.

And to think a few years ago you were trying to get in the pants of Brownies :)

Should have kept the faith & not ripped up your ticket then :p :hilarious:

50 bonus points for being the first to hint at that kind of meaning for "scout", I knew we wouldn't make a full hour without someone doing it!

I did not rip it up, it is still fully intact, and will reamin so, as a lucky omen. And, therefore, will hopefully, Guide us through to seasons end.

I did not rip it up, it is still fully intact, and will reamin so, as a lucky omen. And, therefore, will hopefully, Guide us through to seasons end.

I think you should frame it!
Here's hoping it will be a truly lucky omen!
Maybe if it all comes down to last game of the season you shouldn't go to Southampton if you've already got a ticket?

Slightly disconcerting post for me. As i read it, I am being accused of paedophilia?;)

Must admit - only thought about that possible interpretation after i posted it . But then if you already had brownies in your pants ....

Maybe if it all comes down to last game of the season you shouldn't go to Southampton if you've already got a ticket?

I shall tempt fate and go to that one. Not least as I've forked out the best part of £350 on the Grand Harbour Hotel for the weekend.

Are you going to that one Glasgie ? Ryanair to Bournemouth maybe ?

Are you going to that one Glasgie ? Ryanair to Bournemouth maybe ?

All set to book flights/hotel/tickets for me & the Mrs but fate stepped in and my mate offered me a Maximo Park ticket for the Saturday so alas as money is a bit tight just now I decided to be frugal and not blow £150+ on one weekend. Gutted now, especially as aformentioned mate (a Hartlepool fan) is now not coming either as he wants to see them get the L2 trophy on the same day! :(

All set to book flights/hotel/tickets for me & the Mrs but fate stepped in and my mate offered me a Maximo Park ticket for the Saturday so alas as money is a bit tight just now I decided to be frugal and not blow £150+ on one weekend. Gutted now, especially as aformentioned mate (a Hartlepool fan) is now not coming either as he wants to see them get the L2 trophy on the same day! :(

Here's an offer you can't refuse then -Take the first flight out of Prestwick and I'll pick you up at Stansted on Sunday at 8.20/8.30 am .Will drop you back in time for the evening flight back . You just need to source yourself a Southampton ticket .

Here's an offer you can't refuse then -Take the first flight out of Prestwick and I'll pick you up at Stansted on Sunday at 8.20/8.30 am .Will drop you back in time for the evening flight back . You just need to source yourself a Southampton ticket .

Very very tempting!
Let me get back to you!

Back