• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
From the Trust newsletter, I quote the juiciest bits

“We were in League Two when I started here, and we have won two promotions in my time at the club. I’m really the tactical mastermind behind Steve Tilson and Paul Brush!”

“The club have progressed at first team level, and in turn, we have become more professional in our dealings with the press. No-one was dedicated to this role before I arrived, but now we are more proficient on matchdays in looking after everyone. We also provide better communication out of the club.”

“It is the single most frustrating point when I can know for weeks that we are going to be signing someone, and I read about it in the local press but I cannot report on it. Then, you see people putting down the club off for not disclosing it! Until it is official, though, you can’t say a thing – we have to be 100% certain.”

“Fortunately, I’m friends with Matt Hudson, my counterpart at Colchester United.”

“There are good and bad points to the job. It is good to work for a club that I supported as a boy and to see the goings on behind the scenes. But if we have lost, then I am like a bear with a sore head the next morning. You do become unattached from supporting.”

“First and foremost, we do have a responsibility to make sure that Southend United Football Club are seen in a positive light. You have to balance the reporting of the facts with the fantasy of the club and being fair on your work colleagues.”

“The players know when they have had a bad game. We have got to be professional, but when you work for an unofficial site it is much easier to be opinionated. You have to be as honest as you can and admit when Southend are the poorer side, but if the opposition wins easily, it is obvious that they are the better team.”

“It can be a problem to keep things fresh, and Wednesday are a slow news day, so you will often see articles about Tickets or the Community popping up then.”

“You quite often find yourself proof-reading a programme at one in the morning, but you can’t get too annoyed and we remain grateful to our volunteers.”

“I have been offered two other jobs at clubs that were, at the time, above us in the League, but working in football doesn’t appeal to me, even if the press side does. I just enjoy working for this football club.”

W“There will be a re-launching of the website in the summer, although it will still be under the auspices of FLPTV, who we have a contract with for the next ten years. There are sides that the supporter does not see which are positive with them, but I would like more freedom.”

:)

I think the press side of the club, programme etc etc have come on 100x under Scriv's guidance. Well done that man. A very underestimated part of the team. :finger:

Ive listened to most away games online and only had one that cut out more than a couple of times.

The only thing I dont like is the delay, other than that its been pretty good for me.

“We were in League Two when I started here, and we have won two promotions in my time at the club. I’m really the tactical mastermind behind Steve Tilson and Paul Brush!”

“The club have progressed at first team level, and in turn, we have become more professional in our dealings with the press. No-one was dedicated to this role before I arrived, but now we are more proficient on matchdays in looking after everyone. We also provide better communication out of the club.”

“It is the single most frustrating point when I can know for weeks that we are going to be signing someone, and I read about it in the local press but I cannot report on it. Then, you see people putting down the club off for not disclosing it! Until it is official, though, you can’t say a thing – we have to be 100% certain.”

“Fortunately, I’m friends with Matt Hudson, my counterpart at Colchester United.”

“There are good and bad points to the job. It is good to work for a club that I supported as a boy and to see the goings on behind the scenes. But if we have lost, then I am like a bear with a sore head the next morning. You do become unattached from supporting.”

“First and foremost, we do have a responsibility to make sure that Southend United Football Club are seen in a positive light. You have to balance the reporting of the facts with the fantasy of the club and being fair on your work colleagues.”

“The players know when they have had a bad game. We have got to be professional, but when you work for an unofficial site it is much easier to be opinionated. You have to be as honest as you can and admit when Southend are the poorer side, but if the opposition wins easily, it is obvious that they are the better team.”

“It can be a problem to keep things fresh, and Wednesday are a slow news day, so you will often see articles about Tickets or the Community popping up then.”

“You quite often find yourself proof-reading a programme at one in the morning, but you can’t get too annoyed and we remain grateful to our volunteers.”

“I have been offered two other jobs at clubs that were, at the time, above us in the League, but working in football doesn’t appeal to me, even if the press side does. I just enjoy working for this football club.”

W“There will be a re-launching of the website in the summer, although it will still be under the auspices of FLPTV, who we have a contract with for the next ten years. There are sides that the supporter does not see which are positive with them, but I would like more freedom.”

Well done Dave. The interview in the newsletter made interesting reading. We don't realise the work going on behind the scenes at times. Good to see it's not just a job and the passion for the club coming through, although we can see that in the end product.

He also loves 'red stuff' though I doubt that's in the interview.

Can anyone direct me to the link for this please? :)

A top man, as many of you have said.

Edit: Doh, just seen it is from a newsletter. Do excuse my stupidity!

The full interview will be posted on the Trust Website with a selection of DS gurning pics :hilarious: by the end of the week.

I love the fact that the man behind the scenes is a true fan and not just some suit doing a job . Hope it stays that way and I agree that his side of things have moved up thru the leagues with the team , sadly unlike the catering although the moblie catering boys are a step in the right direction

The Ego has landed!!!!!!!

:p

The full interview will be posted on the Trust Website with a selection of DS gurning pics :hilarious: by the end of the week.

No, no, no ! By all means post the article but for gawd's sake spare us the piccies.

Who ate all the pies ? :D

Top bloke Dave, despite feigning injury when the reality is that he was **** at football. :minger: :minger:

Back