• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scunthorpe's Comments

AmericanShrimper

After we didn't land Goater, there were some comments on their board about us having no talent and Eastwood being overrated. How did we do against them last year?

Iron-Bru.net

They did nothing against us last year... They were nothing special and i was left wondering how they got so high in the table...

They'll be nothing next year, Beagrie is now 1 year older and they've lost there 2 key midfielders...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ July 13 2005,07:17)]They did nothing against us last year...
Except take 4 points out of 6 from us.
rock.gif

They were certainly one of the best. Don't really care what they have to say about our failed transfer activity though.

Btw, I don't think we've won at their place since 1983.

Laws has given his thoughts on how Scunny will do next season, here...

Source: BBC Sport

I have to agree with the League 1 standard is not so different from League 2 comment, but I can't help but feel our misses in the transfer market will cost us long-term & that there's now a nagging bit of my brain that says prepare for relegation & hope to come straight back up only to be better prepared the next time around (as Laws believes Scunny now are).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ July 13 2005,08:21)]I thought they were the best team to visit Roots Hall last season.
Agreed, they were really organised, and we found it tough to break them down, we should have won it right at the death though, but once we finally created a good chance it fell to Beno, and in the particular situation, it was not Beno who we wanted there, with all due respect to him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 13 2005,10:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ July 13 2005,08:21)]I thought they were the best team to visit Roots Hall last season.
Agreed, they were really organised, and we found it tough to break them down, we should have won it right at the death though, but once we finally created a good chance it fell to Beno, and in the particular situation, it was not Beno who we wanted there, with all due respect to him.
Tue. Although they'd point out that they were only denied a second-half goal by a save-of-the-season candidate by Saint Darryl.

There was a 6-1 away win ages ago though, the Scunny fan here said "They were all blasters, no tap-ins!" in an appropriate accent, of course.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ July 13 2005,12:46)]There was a 6-1 away win ages ago though, the Scunny fan here said "They were all blasters, no tap-ins!" in an appropriate accent, of course.
Including Micky Stead from 40 yards.

Steve Phillips got a hat-trick so I would imagine these came from a total of about 10 yards!
smile.gif

Not particulary directed at American Shrimper, but why does everyone get so upset when someone posts comments about Southend which suggests we aren't the greatest team ever? Its the same when someone suggests on another board that a player might not want to join us.

Scunthorpe took 4 points off us last year, we often looked too reliant on Eastwood and weren't exactly impressive on most of our TV performances. We finished the lowest of the 4 promoted teams, and promoted teams often struggle.

HK, just to clarify in this case, I came across those comments and wondered how they did against us last season. I tried to find results from last season but ran out of luck, so I put up this post to figure out whether they had room to talk or not. Apparently, with 4 points out of 6 last season, they did.

Back