• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Adapt to the conditions....even if they are crap.....I've never been a fan of the colour green.... (envy, jealously and sour grapes)......:raspberry:

A typically biased verdict from a losing manager and a below average player .

FWIW , and in contrast to many of those around me , i thought the ref had a pretty decent game... he let it flow and on the whole got the decisions right. The big lump at the back deserved his 2 yellows so no argument there whatsoever.

Yes we know the pitch is a cowfield , its been that way since pre season , so if that was a surprise to him then Alexander needs better staff around him. But the way Scunny shaped up , with the 3 clumsy lumps at the back pumping it forward repeatedly long then it should have suited their style. The only player who looked classy was the midget right wing back from USA Holmes , he was dangerous.... But Captain Coker had him covered.

The buzz in the crowd was entirely from the home fans . I dont actually remember hearing the away fans at all.

I'm guessing Alexander , who is regarded generally as a good manager, was frustrated at his stupid decision of not giving the very classy Toney + Novak starts .... and his teams inability to stretch our weakened, woefully short of confidence team.

At the end of the day , a very well deserved win

UTB

Most of us on here have only seen Scunthorpe play once this season. A few of the 232 that went to Scunthorpe away would have seen them twice.
I look forward to being as poor as Scunthorpe next season or maybe they are so poor we will finish above them this season:thumbsup:

Never like scunny , if we dont sort out pitch soon ,I can see football league getting involved ,its dangerous ,
I never seen it so bad
The eastbury lane pitch are much better

I didn't like Alexander as a player and I didn't change my opinion of him when he became a manager. And Saturday just confirmed for me what I've always thought. In the first half McLaughlin made a tackle, it was late and probably deserved a yellow card, which it got. But, I'm not sure if anyone else saw it, but Alexander's behaviour was pathetic. As soon as the tackle was made, Alexander was in the 4th officials face waving an imaginary card. We really don't need that, he looked like a spoilt child. I'm so glad we beat him and his whiny team. At the end of the day their tactics failed. They have obviously been told to take an eternity over every throw in, and to keep trying to take free kicks in the wrong place. Thankfully it didn't work and in the end they got what they deserved. We were by FAR the better side, and the only reason the game was so close, was because of our sloppy defending and their goalkeeper, who to be fair was outstanding.

I would also like to add I sat next to their away support, I don't remember once thinking wow they're loud ... :hilarious:
Fleetwood were louder. They only brought a few fans but they never stopped making noise.

About the only time Scunthorpe made much noise was for a couple of minutes after their goals. Most of the game, they might as well have been mimes.

Correct about the pitch but wrong about most other points.

Their number 20 was a disgrace at corners and belongs in the WWE. He had Turner in a bear hug virtually every time and also was pulling Turner's shirt so much that I was surprised Turner didn't take it off and give it to him after the final whistle!

I'm sure that at one point Turner's shirt was up around his armpits...

Some of their fans are sick of Alexander and his hoofball tactics and want him gone, regardless of their league placing. Apparently he leaves their best player on the bench too.

Following Saturday’s 3-2 loss to Southend United, Funso Ojo has said the Iron must be more “relentless”.

FO:
I think we were blah blah

Headline Writers Anonymous

1) FO back to Scunthorpe

2) The Funsonly just getting started...

Some of their fans are sick of Alexander and his hoofball tactics and want him gone, regardless of their league placing. Apparently he leaves their best player on the bench too.

Lets hope their multi millionaire backer doesn't go to Blackpool, as rumoured. With their 4,000 average attendance they will soon be enjoying lots more hoof ball in L2.

Had a brief chat with a Scunny fan on the way out of the East stand on Saturday. Decent bloke and thought we deserved it in the end.

I didn't like Alexander as a player and I didn't change my opinion of him when he became a manager. And Saturday just confirmed for me what I've always thought. In the first half McLaughlin made a tackle, it was late and probably deserved a yellow card, which it got. But, I'm not sure if anyone else saw it, but Alexander's behaviour was pathetic. As soon as the tackle was made, Alexander was in the 4th officials face waving an imaginary card. We really don't need that, he looked like a spoilt child. I'm so glad we beat him and his whiny team. At the end of the day their tactics failed. They have obviously been told to take an eternity over every throw in, and to keep trying to take free kicks in the wrong place. Thankfully it didn't work and in the end they got what they deserved. We were by FAR the better side, and the only reason the game was so close, was because of our sloppy defending and their goalkeeper, who to be fair was outstanding.

Yes we saw Alexander do that, waving an imaginary card at the officials. I hate seeing players doing this against their fellow professionals, but for a manager to act in such a way is a disgrace.

Idiots. Check out the statistics, whilst they do sometimes not give a good reflection of the balance of the game, these were pretty much spot on. Novak has a good reputation against us, they chose not to start him - their bad. Holmes was by far and away their best player. They couldn't cope with Kightly running at them, John White had their forwards in his pocket throughout and their defenders could only wrestle with our forwards.

Gary Alexander has always been a plum, and his behaviour Saturday was poor. He was in our technical area half the time and was whining to the 4th official for much of the game.

Gary Alexander has always been a plum, and his behaviour Saturday was poor. He was in our technical area half the time and was whining to the 4th official for much of the game.

2 weeks ago he would only have got to whinge at the 4th official for half the time! Actually I thought it was great seeing CP give advice and tactics to our players rather than whinge at the 4th official. I’m sure it’s much more beneficial for the team overall that way

Interesting report and in his player ratings even he says that Goode (number 20) was lucky not to give away a penalty - I thought I was alone on that - well I was in the area where I sit and felt a bit of a plum screaming for a penalty when no-one else reacted :o)

Back