• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting report and in his player ratings even he says that Goode (number 20) was lucky not to give away a penalty - I thought I was alone on that - well I was in the area where I sit and felt a bit of a plum screaming for a penalty when no-one else reacted :o)
Was that for the double headlock on Fortune? nah - strangulation isn't mentioned in the Laws Of The Game!

Was that for the double headlock on Fortune? nah - strangulation isn't mentioned in the Laws Of The Game!

Haha, no, I missed that, mine was for the full bear hug that he did on Turner at a corner in the second half - mind you that was only one of many that he committed.

If MAF had been a waitress at the Presidents club then Scunny wouldn't have got away with it.

I don't see Alexander moaning about Fortune being dragged down by the neck in the box or the numerous thuggish shoves his players committed on our players./QUOTE]

It was exactly the same in the away match at Scunthorpe last month with an equally inept set of match officials letting them get away with it.

Haha, no, I missed that, mine was for the full bear hug that he did on Turner at a corner in the second half - mind you that was only one of many that he committed.

Yep I saw the bearhug too. Anywhere else on the pitch and s foul would have been given!

Interesting report and in his player ratings even he says that Goode (number 20) was lucky not to give away a penalty - I thought I was alone on that - well I was in the area where I sit and felt a bit of a plum screaming for a penalty when no-one else reacted :o)

It was off the ball, I didn't see it.

Some of their fans are sick of Alexander and his hoofball tactics and want him gone, regardless of their league placing. Apparently he leaves their best player on the bench too.

Well they are idiots then as they are punching well above their weight given their crowds. Alexander has done a great job regardless of his somewhat bitter comments post match.

Well they are idiots then as they are punching well above their weight given their crowds. Alexander has done a great job regardless of his somewhat bitter comments post match.

Crowds maybe but not on financial backing. They are going to knock a stand down and build a bigger more 21st century new one.....Not sure why as there aren't many in the one they have at the moment.

Crowds maybe but not on financial backing. They are going to knock a stand down and build a bigger more 21st century new one.....Not sure why as there aren't many in the one they have at the moment.

If I were the Football League I would be talking to Historic England (or whatever the organisation is called) to get the Scunthorpe ground listed building status.

Any new club chairman or chief executive should then be made to visit the ground when they take up office so that they can see how poor a football ground can be when there is little of any architectural interest and there has been no effort put into adding any character either.

That aside, I wish Scunthorpe well - they have less resources than we have and yet continue to beat us season after season .......... and after all, Roots Hall is not a thing of beauty is it?

If I were the Football League I would be talking to Historic England (or whatever the organisation is called) to get the Scunthorpe ground listed building status.

Any new club chairman or chief executive should then be made to visit the ground when they take up office so that they can see how poor a football ground can be when there is little of any architectural interest and there has been no effort put into adding any character either.

That aside, I wish Scunthorpe well - they have less resources than we have and yet continue to beat us season after season .......... and after all, Roots Hall is not a thing of beauty is it?

Now go and wash your mouth out with soap! :gun:

Careful now Rattus, if we have another financial backer drop out of the FF project we wouldn't want to give Ron any money saving ideas.

Agree though another soulless place with a yomp to a soulless pub. Or as we had to do sit in McDonalds with a coffee while we waited after the game for someone.

Had a brief chat with a Scunny fan on the way out of the East stand on Saturday. Decent bloke and thought we deserved it in the end.

Not in the Captains' Bar on Saturday?

Didn't he pay for the whole season?

Not in the Captains' Bar on Saturday?

Didn't he pay for the whole season?

Of course I was. The Scunny fan was in the directors box.

I thought I would just play it down a bit because you know there are some people who get jealous. They even come on here and try and troll.

" Roots Hall is not a thing of beauty is it?"

It's like your favourite jeans. A bit threadbare with a hole in one pocket but they're still your favourites.

Anyway, wasn't there a ****-up with Glanford Park? I heard that it was built around a pitch size in yards instead of metres - hence the goals as far back as possible. Or is that just rumour?

Back