• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scunthorpe away....

Scunthorpe United Roll Call

So then lads and lasses, who is braving the trip to sunny Scunny tomorrow night then?

Rather randomly, this will be mine and Mrs RC's first away game of the season - Probably couldn't have picked a less obvious one if we had tried!!

On top of the game, Mrs RC will also get a night in a Travellodge and if she's really lucky, I may throw in a Pizza Hut beforehand!! Who said romance was dead? :)

I have absolutely no idea how many Blues fans will make the journey, but I don't expect to have too much trouble finding a seat for this one!

What are the chances of us pulling off a win tomorrow night??

I might be wrong but I think that we last won away at Scunthorpe back in 1983, with if I remember correctly a 6-1 win!!! :unsure:

Since then we have travelled to Scunthorpe 11 times in the league and our record is shocking!!!

Pld 11 W0 D4 L7

Surely something has to give soon and that hopefully will start tomorrow night!!!

- G

Erm, no.

I'm not attending many away games for a while, and wouldn't do Scunny on a Tuesday night anyway!

Since then we have travelled to Scunthorpe 11 times in the league and our record is shocking!!!

Pld 11 W0 D4 L7

Surely something has to give soon and that hopefully will start tomorrow night!!!

- G

You wouldn't take a point then? I know I would!

What are the chances of us pulling off a win tomorrow night??

I might be wrong but I think that we last won away at Scunthorpe back in 1983, with if I remember correctly a 6-1 win!!! :unsure:

Pld 11 W0 D4 L7

Yep correct, 6 1 to blues. Phillips three goals,Pennyfather,Stead and Greig Shepherd. What is even more remarkable, is that we got relegated
- G
that season,and that we had just two away wins all season. 1 0 to blues wuold do now though.

I'll be there - on me todd. Looking forward to seeing Laurent start. Rekon he'll get two goals.

We're going to lose a game sooner or later, so would rather see it either tomorrow or saturday than against dirty Leeds or colchester the following week.

I'll be coming across. Even though it means a tedious 2-hour stopover at Sheffield between trains on the way back.

I'd be happy with a point. Think it's inevitable will score against us at some point!!

Had the games this week and next Tuesday been the other way round, I might have managed it but unfortunately not today. Hope those going do the boys proud, and would be great to return home with at least a point tonight - 0-0 anyone?

not going been six times before and i think i've seen 2 1-1's and the rest have all been defeats. hopefully my absence will bring about a victory.

Back