• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So if we had of got promoted would you waste your money on a season ticket in the Championship as we struggled to stay up and have to take the odd Spanking

I think it's more to do with playing a very negative line up rather than the getting spanked part

LOL .... :smile: .. If that doesn't stir us to victory, then I don't know what will!

PB in the dressing room at Scunthorpe :-

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers .. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me and plays a tight 4-4-2 system, shall be my brother!"

Also, always reminds me of the great scene from 'The Trip' :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BPP4ASQWo

:smile:
band of brothers for me....

Now here is the sort of thing Brown might do. Harry Kyp as a defensive Midfielder sitting in front of the back four (Turner ,White, Demi ,Coker )
A four man midfield in front of him (Woody, , Wright, Glash , McG) MAF or Ranger up top

Will be interesting to see if Cox and Ferdinand feature in the lineup. I notice that Simon Cox did not have his weekly column in the Echo published last week, is he on the way out?

:unsure:

If Ferdinand wasn't out of favour I'd expect him to sit in front of the defence.

Will be interesting to see if Brown can find a way not to include Yearwood.

Just seen that all four of Scunthorpe's senior central midfielders are out as well as their captain McArdle, so both sides could be down to the bare bones.

I'd go for something like this:-

Oxley
White Turner Kyprianou Coker
Demetriou Wright Wordsworth or Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Could easily see our Mr Versatile, John White, being brought in as a defensive midfielder sitting behind Wright, possibly with Yearwood and one of the Mcs in midfield.

Very worried about the potential lack of steel in midfield with both Leonard and Timlin unavailable - it's been a huge issue away from home this season WITH Lenny, let alone without him. Scunthorpe will cut through us at will unless we address that. Wordsworth is attack-minded and I'm not sure I've seen Wright put a tackle in since he joined. Yearwood is good going forward but naive at best defensively. Think it might be a job for a square peg in a round hole.

What about putting Kyp in the Lenny role? Mobile and can tackle. Physically not that dissimilar to Lenny, he might just grow into the role as Lenny did after starting as a full back, as did Kyp. Surely a better bet than Woody, Wright and Yearwood?

What about putting Kyp in the Lenny role? Mobile and can tackle. Physically not that dissimilar to Lenny, he might just grow into the role as Lenny did after starting as a full back, as did Kyp. Surely a better bet than Woody, Wright and Yearwood?

Wouldn't be against that. Certainly a better bet that Ferdinand as whoever does that job needs to be mobile.

I found the lucky Southend away polo shirt yesterday, not worn for years. Whenever I wore it (2006) they didn't lose away. So, today I am wearing said polo shirt complete with stomach a bit exposed at the bottom (not alluring according to Mrs RHB) and it's pretty nailed on that Southend will now triumph at Scunthorpe.

Merry Christmas you happy bunch, and roll on Boxing day and watching Charlton get a total (Xmas)stuffing, woo hoo!!

Back