• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
So, any thoughts on who will replace Lenny in midfield or whether Cox and Anton will be back?

Hopefully back to two up front, but who is in or out of favour this week or is on PBs Christmas card list is anyone’s guess?

No idea on the team. Such is the way of things In the last fewweeks. I'm sure someone will be the next public enemy number 1 in the paper this week.

I'd like a point but I can't see anything other than a hammering here.

We'll get absolutely smashed, Brown will moan about the ref and do another diva post match interview.

I might take a bit of a punt and play Elvis or John White at right back and give Demi a go in place of the suspended Ryan Leonard in midfield.

At this point I put on my tin hat and hide in the cupboard under the stairs.

After going unbeaten in all of November they are yet to win this month. Most recent results are A 1-0 defeat to Wallsall and a 2-2 home draw with MK Dons.

A point isn't out of the question here but like others have said I can't see us getting even that.

If it is any consolation the local paper has said the Scunthorpe have injuries and illness and the Manager does not know who is available or what formation he will use. Does this fill you with hope or not? Our past record and performances up here leaves me with some trepidation and another year of abuse from the locals! Come on Southend, please save me from the abuse I will be getting.

We've yet to win at Glanford Park - 30 years next August they moved there - and only 2 wins at The Old Show Ground so not our happiest hunting ground. W2 D9 L14. 30 September 1983 was a bit of a novelty with a 6-1 victory and Steve Phillips hat trick.

He ought to look to the future and play Kyprianou and Yearwood and bring back Cox. But he won't.

I would try something sort of different. Primarily because we need to get Harry back in the side sooner rather than later. Would like to find room for Yearwood as well but probably not Saturday

Oxley
White Turner Kyprianou
Demetriou Wright Wordsworth Timlin Coker
Fortune/Ranger McLaughlin.

I don't think changing formations (and players) and expecting results immediately is being very realistic against a team that is 5th in the table and has a manager that seems to have some brains between his ears.

My highlight at Scunthorpe was the 2-2 draw of a few years ago - goals by John White and John Egan. Otherwise our performances have been less than good. So if John White can score again ............ :smile:

Quite straightforward for me.

Our best team available is :-

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Coker
Wright Timlin Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Leonard for Timlin after Saturday.

They've got 4 games in 11 days. We need minimum 6 points.

Just roll your sleeves up and get on with it.

At the end of it, then PB's position is either safe for a few more games or is untenable.

No point in faffing about with systems, leaving players out for personal reasons and all that b*ll*x.

You're playing for our club, so get out there and earn your right!

Best team available

No point in faffing about with systems, leaving players out for personal reasons and all that b*ll*x.

You're playing for our club, so get out there and earn your right!

Are you mad?/ Too many mince pies/sherries? * Delete as applicable

I've read that about four times 'Rattus' and frankly, I'm lost.

Help a brother out, here?

Ranger will start Saturday after his good performance Saturday he played really well and put in a good shift plus he has a goal in him.Forture could play every game for the next 6 months and not score a goal that is why Nile will start.​

Back