• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It seems to me we're getting no luck. The penalty last week; the injury to Ox this. Sure, the side are not firing on all four, but I'll repeat: I don't remember anybody here savaging the summer signings - not one.
We need to do some business in the transfer window, and would love to see Ranger suceeed, but think it's time to cut our losses with him and Ferdinand if we can.

There's an air of resignation and apathy enveloping the club at the moment and I can't put my finger on what's wrong but it does seem an ingrained rotten situation that unless addressed will result in a relegation battle.

However there's only one resignation that I would like to read about.

Regarding the team then I guess there will be an emergency loan keeper playing against Charlton?

Emergency loans are only when we have NO keeper.

We're all doomed! For Gawd sake we are an average team in a decent league, let's just accept that and move on to the next game. COYBB

We’ll have to disagree there. Squad is certainly much more capable than its current position suggests, anyway.

Individually they might be but not the eleven he keeps picking - need some youth, energy, bite and creativity.

We’ll have to disagree there. Squad is certainly much more capable than its current position suggests, anyway.

Our centre backs are far too slow for us to be effective at this level, one slow centre back is fine but two is suicide. I really think we need Kyprianou in the squad for that reason.

Not sure - i think it's as follows

• Clubs are permitted to sign a goalkeeper on a seven-day ‘emergency loan’ basis if they do not have a senior goalkeeper that has made five first-team apps

Depends how unavailable Smith is? Wasn't he in full training last week?

So one win in last 8, conceding 10 goals in last 4 games and scoring 2. Just 6 goals scored in last 8 games and 13 against. Charlton becomes an ever bigger game.Two old boys at the back and 4 across midfield who couldnt tackle a jelly

I'm amazed some fans are still complaining about lack of goals when we have had 5 put past us the last 2 games. If you don't get that end of the pitch right you won't win anything.

Fair to say neither end of the pitch is doing particularly well.

Agreed but it's a bit after losing 3-1 away from home is just unrealistic to be blaming our goalscoring as the main problem today. Fair enough had we lost 1-0 etc

The two basic shortcomings of this team are interdependent. Because we just do not have the remotest possibility of ever being prolific scorers the deficiencies of our defence, no matter who plays, are always laid bare. To get decent results you either have to be a goalscoring side or have a mean defence. We are therefore doomed to struggle for mid table safety, which in itself might be quite an achievement given the chronic ineptitude on display at both ends of the pitch week after week.

Back