• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
It is the day before Christmas Eve, and before Santa's big day we have our final away game of 2017 which is a long trip up north against Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park.

First a bit of good news Oxley passes a late fitness test and plays, Ferdinand returns to the starting lineup, but Ranger not in squad.

Today's team

Father Christmas: Phil Brown

His Elfs for today's team: Oxley, White, Turner, Ferdinand (C), Coker, Demetriou, Wright, Wordsworth, McLaughlin, Cox, Fortune

Subs: Bishop, Hendrie, Kyprinaou, Yearwood, McGlashan, Ba, Hendrie

KFkYta.jpg

I wonder if Father Christmas will make my dream come true and start the festivities off with a bang?
santa-dance.gif
santa-dance.gif
santa-dance.gif

Does Phil tell the Twitter guy what the formation is? Surely that's a 5-3-2 rather than a 4-4-2.

I'm happy with the return of the front two, but that mid field doesn't have too much of a bite about it. Maybe we'll pass them to death and tackling won't be needed. Obviously, with the return of Anton and Simon all must be well in the Brown/old chaps camp?

Could be 442 or 532.

My guess is 532. Demi and Coker would actually make good wing backs.

Let’s hope we don’t have to win the ball back in the tackle much.

Any idea on Ranger?

So what has Nile done now - not even on the bench - must have dropped his alarm clock on his foot.

I think it probably is 4-4-2. Demi is no stranger to a four-man midfield having played there for Orient and McLaughlin is presumably on the left so that would make sense balance-wise. I thought Yearwood would be given a start with both Timlin and Lenny out but clearly not. Disappointing.

So, what’s the real story on Ranger?

Can’t imagine he’s dropped, so must be injured or he’s been a naughty boy again...

Not me, just passing on. On Twitter:
If you could clap for my dad whose just passed on the 54 minute it would mean the world his name was David Kelly and he’s been a fan for 40 seasons thanks lads

I can imagine the phone call.......

PB - What's going on brah? where are yer?
NR - Im i'll me man
PB - How i'll are yer?
NR - Well.......I'm in bed with me sister..................

Back