• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Monday morning Blues & NO Agent Lomas?

BIG game this Tuesday and IF we can win it might get us back on track!

My selection, made with no knowledge of injuries and any other post Saturday info...

Dan B,
Ben Coker,
John White,
MP,
Egan,
Laird,
Lenny,
Tims,
KH,
Fred,
BBBC.

Just two changes and the bulk of a team that have played well together last year (before Christmas/Hull).

Caned, out of the playoffs and the manager handed his P45.

...which means we'll win :smile:

Think we need Laird in a game like this, and if Egan is out I would play BBBC at centre-back and give Williams a start up front alongside Barnard or Eastwood. Think they both deserve a chance.

Everyone seems down at the moment. However things at Scunthorpe are not all rosy. They have not been playing well although grinding out mainly draws. They have been booed off the pitch in recent games. Even their Manager is trying to pick out positives after last Saturdays game.
So if we can have the right attitude and a bit of Lady Luck, who knows what might happen

I visited my doctor today regarding my sanity. I told him I'm going to Scunny tomorrow to watch my team who haven't won in 10 play against a team who haven't lost in 19, mid week away, up North and with no defenders who are all tom and dick apparently. He told me I've got a bad case of Southendunitedis. :sick:

Help me someone.

Anyone else see the article with Brown talking about 'playing the numbers game' and being 'due a win'? Makes me think we can all expect another unchanged side, I can just see it happening. Will seriously lose a lot of faith and patience with him if that is the case. For me, if injuries allow, it would be:

Bentley

White Egan Phillips Coker

Laird
Leonard Timlin

Hurst Eastwood Payne

I wouldn't be remotely bothered that we're facing top of the form table Scunthorpe, we need to mix things up and stop rewarding bad performances with more starts.

FFS Williams, how did you miss from there? And now they've gone and scored on the break! 1-0 Scunthorpe, and in the last minute as well. :'(

Think we genuinely have a chance here. We tend to struggle against the lower sides as where they play deep we get the ball into the final third and are faced with two banks of four, have no penetration and the attack fizzles out.

Hopefully playing the better sides (as has been seen before this season) they will push up a bit more giving us some more space to work with in the final third, and a chance of actually getting behind the defence.

Think we genuinely have a chance here. We tend to struggle against the lower sides as where they play deep we get the ball into the final third and are faced with two banks of four, have no penetration and the attack fizzles out.

Hopefully playing the better sides (as has been seen before this season) they will push up a bit more giving us some more space to work with in the final third, and a chance of actually getting behind the defence.

^ This. The better sides tend to play better football which then suits our game more. I'm all for Corr playing in defence if necessary - or maybe one of the young goalkeepers.....just tape their arms to their sides!!! :smile:

I am going to be starting my journey soon. Any pre game news from those with sources?

AND where is Agent Lomas? I am missing his game build up.:blush:

Finally..........how about after the match and on the posts for match and ratings we (collectively as a SZ) keep it to that; not all about the 10 previous games and the 3rd hand reports from a parrot that read a twitter report that was typed from a radio report that came via a dodgy skype connection over a mobile phone from outside the car park.:sad:

sky bet are offering 14/5 for us to win away, yet you can get 8/1 on the gunners away to bm. I know where the value is as the gunners won there last year. Why are our odds so poor on an away win when we are playing so ***** ?

sky bet are offering 14/5 for us to win away, yet you can get 8/1 on the gunners away to bm. I know where the value is as the gunners won there last year. Why are our odds so poor on an away win when we are playing so ***** ?

You're never going to get massive odds on an away win in League Two because anyone can beat anyone in this division. There's much more chance of us beating Scunthorpe away than, say, Fulham beating Man City away in the Premier League.

Back