• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Scunthorpe United vs Southend Utd

What's your starting eleven for Tuesday night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
1552240096143.png

Tuesday night sees Southend Utd at Glanford Park with Scunthorpe providing the opposition. After the disappointment of all three points slipping away on Saturday I reckon the team will be seriously gee’d up for the win against the Iron. After Saturday's starting line up this one will be very interesting. Thoughts and views eagerly awaited.

A diamond 442 lineup.

Bishop
Moore. Kiernan Lennon. Hart
Hyam
Mantom. Dieng
Yearwood
Kelman. Cox

A bit narrow but none of our wide players are really in form. Yearwood IMO is better further forward where he can run at defenders.

A diamond 442 lineup.

Bishop
Moore. Kiernan Lennon. Hart
Hyam
Mantom. Dieng
Yearwood
Kelman. Cox

A bit narrow but none of our wide players are really in form. Yearwood IMO is better further forward where he can run at defenders.
that team is a bit narrow but im pleased you include kelmen. keep playing the lad he will come good.

Over the last 6 matches we're 23rd in the form table and Scunthorpe are 22nd, we need to be aiming for at least a point here.

Over the last 6 matches we're 23rd in the form table and Scunthorpe are 22nd, we need to be aiming for at least a point here.

Au contraire we need to be aiming for a win here.

Where are the necessary wins going to come from if a draw is OK here?

Au contraire we need to be aiming for a win here.

Where are the necessary wins going to come from if a draw is OK here?
From home matches, to avoid relegation a point away tends to be the aim and then 3 at home.

We've come so close against Charlton, Accrington and now Blackpool where we've been ahead only to fall short through some pretty exceptional misfortune. Hopefully we can rectify this against Scunthorpe which is a must not lose game. Difficult to pick a starting 11 with not knowing how the returning injured players fare from coming back on Saturday. We are overdue some luck!

From home matches, to avoid relegation a point away tends to be the aim and then 3 at home.

Like we’re really good at home against the bottom teams.

Bristol Rovers - lost
Rochdale - lost
Oxford - drew

Dream on.

Except we rarely get a home win .........
I think a large part of that has been down to our rubbish defence meaning we get overwhelmed if we push more than 3 men forwards. Assuming that Kiernan, Hyam and Lennon stay fit I'd hope that we can start looking a bit more solid at the back and build from there (not to mention we're a much bigger threat from set pieces with them in the squad).

Like we’re really good at home against the bottom teams.

Bristol Rovers - lost
Rochdale - lost
Oxford - drew

Dream on.
Bristol Rovers are fourth in the form table over the last 6 games, Coughlan has completely transformed them and they've taken points off much better teams than us recently.

Rochdale I agree was bad but you are deliberately ignoring our 3-0 home win against Accrington and our 2-0 win against Gillingham either side of that fixture to prove your point. As a bottom half team we obviously are going to suffer bad results from time to time but with a team that's getting back to fitness it'd be nice to have a bit of optimism instead of being defeatist because we've shown we can deal with the less talented sides in the league if we turn up.

532 seems to work better away from home, so I’d stick with the formation from Saturday, only change for me would be Demi in for Elvis.

Would like to see us go for the win, and would expect like for like subs, so Moore for Kiernan, Dru for Dieng and Wabo for Kelman in the 2nd half.

Has anyone who has picked a team so far either watched the whole broadcast back or actually go to Blackpool?

Back