• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Scunthorpe United vs Southend Utd

What's your starting eleven for Tuesday night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is anyone concerned that we didn’t create a single chance going forward from open play all game? Or are we gonna stay up on goals from corners now?

Is anyone concerned that we didn’t create a single chance going forward from open play all game? Or are we gonna stay up on goals from corners now?

On set pieces alone we must have the worst goal difference in L1. Those 2 on Saturday are very welcome as at least it has given the two scorers a needed boost.

I don't mind staying up on corners, Charlie Kelman specials or fumbly off-the-knee goals from 6" !

I didnt ask if anyone minded staying up on goals from set pieces, I asked if anyone thought it was possible!!

If we stay up by Charlie Kelman scoring from the halfway line I’ll literally sit on the penalty spot at the home end naked eating my hat...

Successful teams don’t succeed by hoping for freak outcomes. To win games more often than not you need to create / score chances. Saturday we didn’t threaten their goal once....

True....I give you that ??

But it was on the break when the opposition were chucking men forward to try and equalise...

But fair point

You must have imagined the whole event. Its a well known fact on here, if you chuck men forward the other team cant possibly attack......Football really is that simple.

Looking at the table Scunny have a poor goal difference so maybe starting a very strong team, (much like Saturdays but maybe with Demi slotting into midfield and Bunn up top with Cox), will see us get a good grip on the game before fatigue sets in, I think the first goal is absolutely crucial in this one as both sides are in poor form so if we have a better chance of getting a goal from a set piece then we need to maximise our chances and pick the team accordingly.

Personally as it's about 20 mins from my house I really hope we get a win here but even a draw up north on a cold Tuesday night would be an improvement on previous years.

TIMOTHEE Dieng wants Blues to build on their painful point against Blackpool when they to Scunthorpe United on Tuesday night.

More...

Same team for me but Demi for Elvis and Bunn for Kelman.

If Kiernan and and Lennon can't do another game in quick succession, then:

Bishop
Demi Turner Moore Hart
Hyam
Dieng Mantom Yearwood
Bunn Cox

What if Hyam can't do another game in succession?

Don't think he's managed two starts in a week yet this season.

What if Hyam can't do another game in succession?

Don't think he's managed two starts in a week yet this season.
ok so if we're out of Kiernan, Lennon and Hyam (and for completeness say White isn't fit as well) I'd go with:

Bishop
Demetriou Turner Moore Hart
Dieng Mantom
Bunn Yearwood McLaughlin
Cox

Want someone alongside Cox tbh

Bishop
Demetriou Moore Turner Kiernan Hart
Dieng Hyam Yearwood
Kelman Cox

I don't think it would be wise to have Lennon and Kiernan both start twice in the space of three days. Kiernan looked the more comfortable of the two on Saturday so he just edges it. Demetriou didn't look 100% to me either so him and Elvis are interchangeable, Powell will know if he's ready.

The formation worked well on Saturday until Powell decided to have 7 defenders on the pitch, and with none of the wingers offering much at the moment I'd be inclined to stick with it. We did lack a little bit of intensity in the midfield so I think after a long rest Dru can come in and offer something different to Mantom, who looks like he needs a rest himself.

Kelman did well on Saturday with little service so not sure why so many have dropped him, definitely deserves another chance from the start.

Kelman chased a balloon around the park all afternoon! He contributed nothing constructive to the game at all. Not sure what he did to deserve to stay in the side apart from score from the halfway line a month ago!

That’s not havin a go I’m just saying what I saw. If Wabo ain’t ready, and Klass ain’t ready, and Hutchinson ain’t ready....He ain’t ready, simples.

I would go for the same setup as against Blackpool. 3-5-2 going forward, 5-3-2 defending:

Bishop
Moore, Kiernan, Lennon
Demetriou, Mantom, Hyam, Dieng, Hart
Cox, Kelman

Only changes being Moore for Turner (who I'm not sure can really manage two games in three days) and Demetriou to replace Elvis.

It's a bit of a difficult one though as I'm not sure how ready Kiernan and Lennon will be to start their second game in three days after so long out.

if Powell has to drop Kiernan and Lennon because of 2 games in three days .Then he is asking for trouble .I know 1 has been out for 18 months and the other for 4 months .But they are both pros and hopfully both should be ok for Scunthorpe .Im sure Kiernan cant wait to take to the pitch again .

Back