• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
Ok, So here it is... "Honours Even" so to speak....

We beat them 2-1 at Roots Hall in September (Blimey..It feels so long ago now personally).

Then we travelled to Glanford Park in November for the FA Cup match, and lost 1-2.

So, my question is this, what difference can we bring to this weekends game since our loss in November during the Fa Cup, and equally v our league win against them in September? (considering the loss and gains of transfers & injuries etc).

They have a decent striker in Paddy Madden (16 goals this season) and McShreffrey is alway a threat, not sure about their new signing of Hull forward Greg Luer though.

I hate to say it, but perhaps a flat back 4-4-2 away from home might see us contain them in the 1st half.

Well over to you guys.

Can't see is going 4-4-2. Keep the same shape and just need to replace RL in the line-up.

I think it will be a draw on an energy sapping pitch and we will incur more injuries.
Remember going there a few years ago and Beagrie on their left wing turned our defenders inside out.
He was at the end of his career and had no pace but used his experience to turn in a brilliant performance.
Hopefully, we will have a player that turns in a match winning performance :clap:

Same starting 10, plus (one from) WW, Timlin, Deegs, Kamara or Wozza in for Len.

Loza & Hunt replacing Mooney and Hurst on the bench.

Same starting 10, plus (one from) WW, Timlin, Deegs, Kamara or Wozza in for Len.

Loza & Hunt replacing Mooney and Hurst on the bench.

This will do for me as well. No point in agonising over who replaces Lenny, that's Phil's job.

Lost track how Scunny are doing recently (?) but did spot that they signed a Hull striker on loan yesterday. I imagine our travelling fans will be well received after the save the steelworks donations....

Few hours in The Berkeley beforehand is what I'm most looking forward to in all honesty.

It will be 5-3-2 again with the fullbacks getting forward as much as possible, I'm going for 1-1 this time round.

defo be a 3-5-2, why change a winning formula, would expect same starting 10 as Saturday with either Wordsworth or Kamara in for Lenny, both did enough to deserve the chance. Would probably plump for Kamara as he offers a bit more defensively than Wordsworth. On a personal note, i would like to see Timlin in there, but think his red card at Shrewsbury has probably knocked him down the pecking order somewhat

Don't mind that formation, but by playing both Thomson and Bolger we will concede a lot of possession, not ideal away from home. Neither Wordsworth or Kamara have Lenny's lungs, so more even running for Atkinson, leaving the probing to one of those two....

Hmmm fresh, full-strength oppo ;

SCUNTHORPE United joint caretaker manager Andy Dawson is looking forward to having a virtually fully fit squad to pick from for this weekend's clash with Southend United.
Dawson and fellow caretaker manager Nick Daws had a full squad to choose from for the game against Coventry City, with Gary McSheffrey returning from injury.
With last weekend's game against Doncaster postponed, it has given all the players an extra week to build up their fitness.
Apart from Niall Canavan, who is struggling with a slight knock, Dawson said he has everybody available for selection.

"Everything is going well injuries wise," Dawson said. "We will see how Niall is but hopefully everybody will be fit and ready to go.e will prepare like we have every other week, especially the last two or three weeks.
"The lads know what we want in training and they came in bright and breezy Monday morning and carried on from where they left off on Friday."
With no fresh injury worries, it means new signing Dominic Vose will get the chance to make his debut against the Shrimpers.
Vose joined the Iron on deadline day last week but has had another week to see if he will be included in the squad after the postponement of the Doncaster game.
"Dominic started with us last Tuesday and he has gone straight into the group," Dawson continued.
"He has bought into what we are trying to do and there is the ability from everybody to push each other in the training sessions.
"They have continued to work hard which is something that happens from day to day. They have done that since myself and Nick came in."
With the capture of Vose and bringing in Hull City striker Greg Luer on a one-month loan deal, Dawson is not expecting any more imminent incomings.
"We have a fully fit squad and are high in numbers but we know quickly football can change," the former defender added.
"If we have to change something we will look into it but at the moment we are fairly happy with the way things are going and the people that we have in the building."

Don't mind that formation, but by playing both Thomson and Bolger we will concede a lot of possession, not ideal away from home. Neither Wordsworth or Kamara have Lenny's lungs, so more even running for Atkinson, leaving the probing to one of those two....

Be a bit weird if he shared them around.

Look at the stats on the Soccerstats website, if you match their home form with our away form it would appear a draw is the most likely result on Saturday - http://www.soccerstats.com/pmatch.asp?league=england3&matchid=221&t1=5&t2=7&ly=2016 - who knows how lady luck will smile on either of us though, which could result in a narrow victory either way.

As far as the team is concerned, barring more injuries, the only only question would seem to be who replaces Lenny. Given that we're away from home then I would suggest Deegan is the man, slotting into the DM role just in front of the back 5. Which gives the following:

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Barrett Thompson Hendrie

Deegan

Atkinson McQueen

Payne

Barnett​

Subs: T. Smith, Timlin, Kamara, Worrall, Hunt, Mooney, Loza

Look at the stats on the Soccerstats website, if you match their home form with our away form it would appear a draw is the most likely result on Saturday - http://www.soccerstats.com/pmatch.asp?league=england3&matchid=221&t1=5&t2=7&ly=2016 - who knows how lady luck will smile on either of us though, which could result in a narrow victory either way.

As far as the team is concerned, barring more injuries, the only only question would seem to be who replaces Lenny. Given that we're away from home then I would suggest Deegan is the man, slotting into the DM role just in front of the back 5. Which gives the following:

Bentley

O'Neill Bolger Barrett Thompson Hendrie

Deegan

Atkinson McQueen

Payne

Barnett​

Subs: T. Smith, Timlin, Kamara, Worrall, Hunt, Mooney, Loza
I'd certainly have Wordsworth on the bench ahead of Mooney. Other than that looks good.

It really is quite simple - We need to win to keep the pressure on and I predict an away win. We're putting pressure on Millwall and (very much) Coventry with our game in hand. Gillingham seem to be going through a bad spell, so it's up to us to capitalise.

Gillingham and Wigan have played a game more than us so the ball is in our court.

I'd certainly have Wordsworth on the bench ahead of Mooney. Other than that looks good.

As its away this is a good call- at home he might well go with Kamara. Also he seems to strongly believe that the holder of the position should retain it after a win particularly if they have performed. On that basis don't be shocked if Kamara comes in. The complication is Tims is now available- he might prefer him to both for this game. TBH he could go for any of these and not be wrong- guess Kamara is slightly more of a risk (to our eyes at least) given we haven't really seen his defensive qualities.

After sat Wordsworth must be on bench - but way to soon for a start.

Competition even for the bench is significant!

It really is quite simple - We need to win to keep the pressure on and I predict an away win. We're putting pressure on Millwall and (very much) Coventry with our game in hand. Gillingham seem to be going through a bad spell, so it's up to us to capitalise.

Gillingham and Wigan have played a game more than us so the ball is in our court.

'Ball is in our court' pah, when did we take up tennis. Eh?

Back