• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Scunthorpe Utd vs Southend Utd

At least ten minutes too late Powell. :Thumbs down:

4-1 embarrassing, Sorry but enough's enough, Powell's got to go, we collapsed against Barnsley with a man advantage, "But they're second in the league" was the excuse. What's the excuse for giving up again today?

Got to agree, Powell has got to go now, we are in serious trouble and he doesn't seem capable of arresting the poor form and results. Only concern i would have is who would we bring in. I am concerned that if we go down would we be able to survive financially, especially given that we struggling financially in League 1.

Set pieces crucial at this level. We look vulnerable at every corner and free kick and at the other end we rarely threaten.

Dieng has been bloody awful today, how's he still on the pitch? Why's Dru not had even a minute since returning from suspension. He's not been great this season but at least he tries.

I’ve just left got on coach, embarrassing , anything going into our box we can’t cope. Goal keeper to blame for a couple, but they coped with conditions better. Oh we were good for the first five minutes, after that nothing.

I assume you mean your friend not CP ?

Yep, travelled all that way spent money on a hotel to watch that shower of ****! He’s just glad he’s crossed that ground of the list.

We just can’t defend. Bottom line. All season. Basics. Was unlucky tonight, until they went two one up, even the wind went their way both halves. Heads have dropped and that fourth goal was just disgusting. This isn’t a set of lads ready for a relegation battle. Not sure anyone else can get us out of this debacle.

No point sacking the manager at this point. It's the players that are the issue if you ask me. They're making basic mistakes.
Having seen every Southend relegation season to date.... this is the time to sack a manager whos tactics and motivational skills are dire.Even our goal difference is now disappearing

Don’t think we have made their keeper make a save second half. Funny thing we play the ball around better than them, but once they got in front.... oh and the ref was giving them free kicks for everything ! Oh well be home about 2 am

Back