• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Scunthorpe Utd vs Southend Utd

We just can’t defend. Bottom line. All season. Basics. Was unlucky tonight, until they went two one up, even the wind went their way both halves. Heads have dropped and that fourth goal was just disgusting. This isn’t a set of lads ready for a relegation battle. Not sure anyone else can get us out of this debacle.
I unfortunately think you’re right but we’ve gotta try something

CP has had a awful run of luck but even I’m starting to think it’s time. I’d give him the Wimbledon game which has to be won, otherwise he has to go or we’re down. Makes it worse when you look at what Coughlan’s doing a Bristol Rovers.

Having seen every Southend relegation season to date.... this is the time to sack a manager whos tactics and motivational skills are dire.Even our goal difference is now disappearing

Good point re our goal difference. I did think it was worth an extra point, however we're minus 6 in the last 3 games, I can see any advantage disappearing quickly.

Even our previously good goal difference is disappearing too which could prove costly.

Chris Powell is Alvin Martin in disguise - out stayed his welcome. He has put one of the biggest wetters in history in Mantom as his captain. No wonder the team is failing, no leader on the pitch and no leader off it - complete dross. We by no means have the most limited team in this division but we do have the least heart

First 25 mins it looked so good, until they got that freak equaliser. 2nd half neither side looked like they wanted to win it until another strange goal and then there was no way back.

Back