• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seafront Firewroks

Davros

The Whippet
Now before i get on my high horse, i will point out that in normal circumstances i find firewroks quite pleasant, and that one guy Fawkes, new Year, The Southend Carnival they have a nice purpose...

However, who ever decided that having them every saturday night for 15 mins at about 8.30 up until xmas was a tw&t.

I mean, for a start, who is paying for this, if its the council, i can sure think of better things that need money spending on them in SOS.

Also they wake my son up every week... i dont mind it so much on Bonfire night etc, but when they serve no purpose or no celebration, what is the point.

thirdly, i can see the display from my house, and ill have to say, instead of having these tame displays everyweek (which as stated are a waste of money and an annoyance) why not put the extra money (if it must be spend on this) into even better displays on Bonfire night/new year, instead of these half hearted weekly drabs.

Rant over... comments please!

They've been doing this for about 3 years - how come you've only just noticed?

Fair point though about spending the money on a bigger, better display on Bonfire night or New Years etc. Having said that, I can't say it really bothers me all that much that they go off every weekend. I live a stones throw from the seafront but I tend to be out with friends on a Saturday night!!
tounge.gif

Ive just noticed because i moved into my new place in May.... a stones throw from the seafront.

Fear not young Dave - The fireworks will be earlier as it gets darker earlier. Quite likely to start at 7.30 in a couple of weeks time. Personally looking forward to getting down there with the little un when it gets earlier!

Ill quite happliy take the littleun down there for Bonfire night, as i did for the Southend Carnival, but all im saying is that every week is a bit exsessive, and i ask again.. who pays for this??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Sep. 20 2006,10:09)]Ive just noticed because i moved into my new place in May.... a stones throw from the seafront.
Fair enough.

Waste of money? Absolutely

Will the council take a blind bit of notice? Not on your life!

but they wont put double yellows on the entrance to my new road because its too expensive... unless there is an accident...

That makes perfect sence... some1 has to get hurt before they put double yellows down... but as long as there's fireworks everything should be fine
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Sep. 20 2006,12:24)]but they wont put double yellows on the entrance to my new road because its too expensive... unless there is an accident...
They shouldn't need to , regardless of double yellows or not it is an offence to park on a junction (or within a certain distance )

In which case i should make some stickers that say 'Selfish C**t' and stick them on there windscreens

Back