• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Does anyone know if he has joined anyone else yet or is trialing with anyone ? I heard rumours a month ago he was going to Orient but they are denying it .... Strange no talk of him having games with other teams etc .....

What if nobody comes in for him ? Maybe he will consider signing on for another year for us after all ?

I still think he would be excellent for us , John White can play left back after all .....

Any thoughts ???

My thoughts are that he has made his decision. Not showing up at the start of pre season training shows his intentions. Plus, would PB want him now having made singings to replace him? also I dont think Sean is the type of person to come crawling back with his tail between his legs!

My thoughts are that he has made his decision. Not showing up at the start of pre season training shows his intentions. Plus, would PB want him now having made singings to replace him? also I dont think Sean is the type of person to come crawling back with his tail between his legs!

It was announced a couple of weeks ago that Sean has left.

Last known whereabouts was on trial at Ipswich.

Last edited:
Apparently he did the same at Gillingham and ended up in non-league. Lets face it we'd love him back

Would love him back but can't see it happening. Last I heard he we joining MK Dons. Surprised he hasn't been snapped up yet.

Seen him linked with Gillingham and Brentford as well, but doesn't seem to have had a trial or anything since leaving us

I think league 1 is his level.Good luck to him if he can get a move to Ipswich.

He's at Chelmsford watching us tonight! With the players not involved like Hurst and Corr

Good to luck to him whereever he goes was always mr consistent, but he has shown his future lies elsewhere as he did not return for training!!!!

We brought him in from non league and he did a great job in his time with us however wouldn't want him back now we have White, Leonard and Auger who can all play there

Spoke with someone at the club yesterday and he has left the club. The Zone sponsored player is definitely NOT available for sponsorship :sad: Good luck Sean and all the best for the future.

Its a strange one , you would think he would have at least continued to train with us to keep up match sharpness. If he does eventually get a trial with someone he's gonna be rusty. I reckon he's got a pretty useless agent/ advisor. Its a gamble he took before and he lost --- slipping back into non league...

Not sure how hard our management tried to actually keep him , or at least bargain with him to sign for another 1 year .... yet we seem to be going all out to try to keep Cresswell who clearly doesnt want to stay.

Shame , Clohessey was a massive success for us + i feel he'll be a big loss.

Not sure how hard our management tried to actually keep him , or at least bargain with him to sign for another 1 year .... yet we seem to be going all out to try to keep Cresswell who clearly doesnt want to stay.

Shame , Clohessey was a massive success for us + i feel he'll be a big loss.
That's the difference between a player who was out of contract and one who is still in one though. Personally, I think it was a massive mistake not to get an extension out of him this time last year.

Wish him all the very best, and hope something turns up for him soon.

Right backs are more common than left backs; plus having Hurstie in front and MP alongside at the back makes it a position which is easier to replace than the more tricky left side.
And another plus is few sides in Div 2 are going to have true left wingers. I think SC has been poorly advised and could do worse than fronting up to training and showing PB that he is the player we know to be so reliable.

Sean is an excellent and consistent player at our level - with a great attitude during games.
Would be a great shame if bad advice or unrealised aspiration - leave him with no pre-season and rusty. Is a fine line between confidence and a mistake!!

Back