• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I personally think that Clohessy is far superior to White.

Good luck to Sean, but I hope Col Ewe get relegated.

I think White is more solid defensively, but Clohessy is the better all round full back.

Echo the second part though, but next season so we can be the team that sends them down.

I liked both of them and I thought we were going to miss Clohessey. But White has done a good job so far and I am happy with that.

A good move for Clohessey - good luck. :thumbsup:

I'd normally wish our ex-players luck, especially those, like Clohessy, who did well at Roots Hall.

But not in this case. Hope you get relegated this year Sean...

White > Clohessy

We got the better deal.

Not sure about that. Both solid reliable defenders but Clohessy gave us a lot more in attack. Let's not forget he won Player of the Year and was named in the PFA Team of the Year. Didn't think he'd been playing much at Kilmarnock though.

Good luck? Nah **** that. Hope they get relegated, he has a shocker and ends up at Aldershot.

Sean Clohessy signs for Southend's Essex rivals Colchester United

FORMER Southend United full-back Sean Clohessy said he had no hesitation in joining their Essex rivals Colchester United.

More...

****es all over john white in my opinion. Any other club than Col U or Orient and I would have wished him luck, as it is I hope we leapfrog him at the end of season

Grass? Is he still hungry? If Clohessey had stayed he could have become a "colt" hero ...............:facepalm:

Still a hero, gave his all for this club. Can't blame him for wanting to play at a higher level at col u or whoever. Be more gutted if he left us to go there!

Not sure about that. Both solid reliable defenders but Clohessy gave us a lot more in attack. Let's not forget he won Player of the Year and was named in the PFA Team of the Year. Didn't think he'd been playing much at Kilmarnock though.

Gave us more in attack which lead to him more often that not being caught out of position you mean?

Gave us more in attack which lead to him more often that not being caught out of position you mean?

Thats why Clohessy was a good full back, always an outlet in attack but had good positional sense, so I dont know where you are coming from here. White has done well for us, especially pre-January, but he hasnt been the same player since the injury against Millwall. Clohessy is the superior player in my opinion, but now he had gone to Col U he can f**k right off

Colchester is a lot closer to "home" than Kilmarnock was! I don't blame him, young family and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back