• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that you'll both be representing Essex in League Two in 2015/16.

Going on recent activity it looks like the O's might have the weakest squad out the lot after your player exodus completes.

Going on recent activity it looks like the O's might have the weakest squad out the lot after your player exodus completes.

Eh? Exodus? An injury-prone keeper who we've already replaced, and a talented kid who was always going to move on to better things this summer (and who we've banked a million quid for)? Expect we'll be announcing two new signings on Monday...

As for relative squad strengths, as things stand I'd take Bentley as second choice, and Coker would probably make the bench. Couple more from the Ewes. That's about it. More worried about getting taken over by the mafia than anything on the pitch.

Eh? Exodus? An injury-prone keeper who we've already replaced, and a talented kid who was always going to move on to better things this summer (and who we've banked a million quid for)? Expect we'll be announcing two new signings on Monday...

As for relative squad strengths, as things stand I'd take Bentley as second choice, and Coker would probably make the bench. Couple more from the Ewes. That's about it. More worried about getting taken over by the mafia than anything on the pitch.

You obviously don't keep up to date with the O's and are more interested in Southend......Cox & Vincelot are due to leave.

You obviously don't keep up to date with the O's and are more interested in Southend......Cox & Vincelot are due to leave.

Due to... Funny thing is that even if they do, we'll still have a better side than you. Must be depressing.

Due to... Funny thing is that even if they do, we'll still have a better side than you. Must be depressing.

Due to them flying through the Bermuda triangle....What do you think? Maybe another club is getting them...hint hint.

Your end of season must of been far more depressing. An ex Shrimper tearing your dreams apart hahahahaha

Due to them flying through the Bermuda triangle....What do you think? Maybe another club is getting them...hint hint.

Your end of season must of been far more depressing. An ex Shrimper tearing your dreams apart hahahahaha

Er, yes, I understand the general concept behind players leaving. I'm merely pointing out that they haven't gone as of yet, so you can't include them in the exodus. Still, as you seem to be in the know, I'm sure you'll be aware of the identities of the two new signings we're announcing tomorrow...

As for last season, it was what it was. We had a wonderful time and just fell short. Such is life. Much more bothered that he was an ex-O than a Shrimp. Still, it's comforting to know that despite missing out on our dream we're still living yours, Westy - which rather went for a Burton itself, didn't it?

Is it now...?

Hehe. I reel you every thread, don't i? Still, I understand your need to bang on about your only highlight of the past 5 long, dour, hopeless years.

A bit rich from a club that hasn't been in the top two divisions of the football league since 81/82 which I suspect is your whole life. 5 **** years vs 22 **** years........

A bit rich from a club that hasn't been in the top two divisions of the football league since 81/82 which I suspect is your whole life. 5 **** years vs 22 **** years........

I found it funny when Barry Hearn mentioned his highs over 19 years at Leyton Orient...Steve Tilson achieved much more than that with us in 3 years.

If all 22 had been **** then you'd have a point. But you don't. Alas.

I found it funny when Barry Hearn mentioned his highs over 19 years at Leyton Orient...Steve Tilson achieved much more than that with us in 3 years.

That's nice. Remind me how he got on in the following three years again?

If all 22 had been **** then you'd have a point. But you don't. Alas.

That's nice. Remind me how he got on in the following three years again?

Alas your entire life you have never seen your side in the top two leagues whilst I am a similar age have seen my side seven seasons in the second tier. Wouldn't get too cocky off the bsck of one decent season where you threw away a massive lead.

Alas your entire life you have never seen your side in the top two leagues whilst I am a similar age have seen my side seven seasons in the second tier. Wouldn't get too cocky off the bsck of one decent season where you threw away a massive lead.

One decent season? Finished 3 of the past 4 seasons in the top 7 of the division above you. I know it's painful for you my old china, but thems the facts. We can harp on about the past all you like - no Sarfend fan has ever, EVER seen the Shrimps in the top division, for example - but I'm talking about the here and now. You're getting beaten to signings by Gillingham. Col U have been better than you for years. So have Orient. You have Uncle Ron, we have Don Corleone. There's no cockiness, just simple, calm facts.

And this is all to do with Sean Clohessy, how? :facepalm:

Not much. Damn sight more entertaining than your incessant rah rah rah claptrap, mind.

rotherham-manager-steve-evans.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back