• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe, just maybe it could be the first whisper that the new manager is worth hanging around for. I whispered it ..and now all those who had made up their minds before a ball was kicked (largely because they will disagree if RM appointed SAF or Jose) can mock!

Sean Clohessy? Best player we have had for a long time!

The equation

How much PB values him
___________________________ X How much Ron is willing to cough up = ??????????

How much more money he wants

Almost certainly true.
However, once again RM is used as the key to "how much". The reality is we are a League 2 club with dwindling crowds, regular tax payment problems and a stadium plan reliant on an extra £500,000 upfront.
It is more about how much a club of our status can afford to pay our best player - and how much clubs in a higher division are willing and able to pay.
Is not always RM's fault or totally in his control. That is of course of little consequence while we have a chairman that has made himself so unpopular. To many, everything is always his fault!

To be honest what else is he going to say?

"I can't stand it here, fed up with being paid late and the manager is an orange arse" ??

This was exactly what I thought when I read it. I'm not getting my hopes up at all and not kidding myself that he will resign. I'll believe it when he signs on the dotted line!

And Francis was crap

Really! Looked good to me when he was playing in a decent side. Poor the season he wasn't getting paid as were all. Is way better than any league 2 full back including Clohessy who I'm a fan of.

Being happy where you work; and getting a longer contract and more lucrative wage can be different things.
The tough bargaining will be on the "add ons" for goals, games played, sell on clause etc and of course promotion bonuses (We can only hope!).

keeping clohessy would be a very good starting point for next season .So I hope he does sign .:thumbsup:

Make sure we don't vote for him being player of the year then!!

Player of the year is......

Bilel Mohsni!! :dim:

Being happy where you work; and getting a longer contract and more lucrative wage can be different things.
The tough bargaining will be on the "add ons" for goals, games played, sell on clause etc and of course promotion bonuses (We can only hope!).

I think even Ron would be happy to cough up a goal bonus for Clohessy!

It's not a hoodoo, it's just likely.

We're a relatively small club, so it's likely that our best players are going to be of interest to clubs who can simply offer money that we can't.

It's not a hoodoo, it's just likely.

We're a relatively small club, so it's likely that our best players are going to be of interest to clubs who can simply offer money that we can't.

Agreed , but would think it rather unlikely that other teams base their list of 'wanted' players on fans POTY awards.
One would hope they took a more pragmatic approach.

Back