• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jackj13

Youth Team⭐
Taking the spotlight off all the controversy for a while it shouldn't be forgotten that yesterday was Sean Clohessy's 150th appearance for the club. Out of those 150 for me there have been very few poor games. For me he always has been and always will be Mr Reliable. A great credit to the club!

He has been the signing of Sturrocks southend career. I wonder what he would be like if played on the right wing? Not that I would ever want that, as he is the perfect full back.

Yes, great post.

I amongst others am quick to have a moan but credit where credit is due, well done Sean Clohessy. He has probably had a handful of below par performances amongst thoese 150 appearances and is the benchmark for consistency.

He is fit, athletic and very good defensivley, however surging forward and whipping over those dangerous crosses is a vital part of our attacking threat the past three seasons. He has forged great link up play with Hall and now Hurst and is an asset to our club.

Hope we tie his new contract up sooner rather than later.

Oh yes. I was gonna say that consistency is his middle name, but Sean 'consistent' Clohessy sounds like a middle-ranking amateur boxer with a 50% knock-out, 50% knocked-out ratio, so I won't.

Suffice to say that I can't think of a better Sturrock signing. Maybe our other full-backs suffer from being compared to his relentlessly high standards. Gawd help us if he became injured. Congratulations on your 150, Sean.

as has been said many timms before , I can't understand why no one has come in for him - He certainly deserves it. Long may he stay put !

Mentioned it elsewhere, one of Sturrock's best signings and probably our most consistent player in the last 3 seasons.

Unbelievable record, only missed 3 games in the last 3 seasons. Two of them due to red cards, which shows how well he keeps himself fit and injury free!

as has been said many timms before , I can't understand why no one has come in for him - He certainly deserves it. Long may he stay put !
I agree,but i think if we dont get promotion this year i can see a league 1 club maybe coming in for him in the summer.He deserves a chance at a higher level.

I've said it many times he is our unsung hero. Well done Sean an amazing effort keep it up.

I agree,but i think if we dont get promotion this year i can see a league 1 club maybe coming in for him in the summer.He deserves a chance at a higher level.
I would think that likely, although I fear that failure to gain promotion this year could bring even more serious consequences for the club, in its wake, than just Sean leaving. I'm just hoping and praying we will manage it.

Have to agree, well done, Sean.

Mr Consistent, must be first name on the sheet, you know exactly what you're going to get from Sean, week in, week out, with no tantrums or fuss. A model pro. If any kid wants a role model they could do far, far worse than taking him as an example. :Worthy::Worthy:

I always assumed that both Clohessy and Ryan Hall were signings made on Tommy Widdrington's recommendation. Either way Sean has been a terrific signing

Top signing and probably our best right back of the last 10 years. Head and shoulders above Jupp (sorry Juppy) and Simon Francis. Hope we get him signed up on a longer contract pronto!

I always assumed that both Clohessy and Ryan Hall were signings made on Tommy Widdrington's recommendation. Either way Sean has been a terrific signing
Yes i think your right.Widdrington managed Sean at Sailsbury and would have faced Hall when he played for Bromley in blue square south.I see Hall play for Bromley season before we signed him and he looked a class apart.

Top signing and probably our best right back of the last 10 years. Head and shoulders above Jupp (sorry Juppy) and Simon Francis. Hope we get him signed up on a longer contract pronto!

That's my big concern if we don't go up

Always a danger with singing players like Clohessy at this level. They either sink of swim and therefore are only signed up on initial 1/2 year contracts. If they sink we release them for nothing and if they swim then we run the risk of losing them for nothing!

Back