• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Feel sorry for Sean. He needs a far better agent. But having now seen Captain White I think John is a far more accomplished footballer.

After one game? White won't get forward half as much as Clohessy did. I'm sure Sean will find something before the end of the transfer window.

After one game? White won't get forward half as much as Clohessy did. I'm sure Sean will find something before the end of the transfer window.

Wasn't White here before for 5 or 6 games on loan. He seemed pretty good then

Wasn't White here before for 5 or 6 games on loan. He seemed pretty good then
From what I remember he was tidy, but dropped one or two real clangers.

FWIW it's ludicrous to call Clohessy arrogant. He's been lauded, both here on here and elsewhere, as a class act and made the League 2 Team of the Year. There's not much more you can do to put yourself in the shop window! Signing a contract with us would have almost certainly prevented that move from happening and chances are that he can fall back on a similar size team if it falls through.

It's a shame that he haven't found a club yet, it's going to take an injurys for another club right back for him to be back in.

Hope he rots in the reserve somewhere, another case of players thinking 'i'm bigger than the club'

No. It's really not. It's a case of a player wanting to prove himself at a higher level, as the clubs that were interested in him originally indicated.

To be fair, Sean openly came out in the local press (May time) and said that he wouldn't ask to leave Southend. Although he didn't ask to leave as such, he made his intentions clear by not turning up for pre season. That would have meant he had a host of possibilities - yet but not turning up he has shot himself in the foot by burning his bridges with a club who have him a chance back in league football.

It's clear that SC had his head turnt but his agent should be binned!!! By missing yesterday's Opening day of the season SC has already missed as many games this season as he did over the past two campaigns!!!!

In hindsight, he could of turned up, got fit, signed week-by-week or month-by-month, which would have made him a far more attractive prospect I think?

Oh well - more fool Sean. Grass isn't always greener, especially when your a regular at a club and liked by the fans etc

On the topic of right backs, I though skipper John White was outstanding yesterday as we the entire back five.

Well considering we conceded she loads of goals last season maybe we need a full back who doesn't get forward as much?

How do know the club actually made more than a token effort to re-sign him?

After all, Brown's first signing was a right-back who he made captain.

Wow, that's a surprise!

I think someone has got a bit desperate. Didn't he previously say somewhere he didn't want to leave London!?

Wow, that's a surprise!

I think someone has got a bit desperate. Didn't he previously say somewhere he didn't want to leave London!?
Must have persuaded his missus to go as well then, no way is he going to commute to and from there!

Must be kicking himself...he defiantly made noises about staying close to London. Am sure that I read somewhere that his Mrs has a good paying job up the big smoke.

Back