• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
"Last year I went to Falklands. Before the British showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles."

Can someone remind me (Chadded) why we give a **** about the Falklands?! An empty rock in the middle of the Atlantic, is it just so we can have a handy base for when we decide to invade the Antarctic and get revenge on the penguins?!

Can someone remind me (Chadded) why we give a **** about the Falklands?! An empty rock in the middle of the Atlantic, is it just so we can have a handy base for when we decide to invade the Antarctic and get revenge one the penguins?!

We need somewhere to dump Chadded.

Otherwise we support the principle of self-determination, which is why we are refusing to let the Scots choose their own question(s).

You have to say Sean Penn was ****ing great in Carlitos Way.

I agree that he should keep his ****ing nose out of our business though.

Can someone remind me (Chadded) why we give a **** about the Falklands?! An empty rock in the middle of the Atlantic, is it just so we can have a handy base for when we decide to invade the Antarctic and get revenge on the penguins?!

The recent discovery of £157 billion of oil within our 200sq mile property of ocean is a pretty major reason.

The head of Admiralty was last week quoted as saying that 'if the Argentinians start any of that silly nonsense again, we'll destroy their Air Force before it leaves the mainland. The anti aircraft ship, which is currently the best in the world, that leaves for the Falklands next month is reported to be carrying sufficient arms to destroy every Fighter Jet in South America, let alone Argentina, such is its immense power.

Rule Britannia!

the recent discovery of £157 billion of oil within our 200sq mile property of ocean is a pretty major reason.

The head of admiralty was last week quoted as saying that 'if the argentinians start any of that silly nonsense again, we'll destroy their air force before it leaves the mainland. The anti aircraft ship, which is currently the best in the world, that leaves for the falklands next month is reported to be carrying sufficient arms to destroy every fighter jet in south america, let alone argentina, such is its immense power.

Rule britannia!

huzzar!!!!

The recent discovery of £157 billion of oil within our 200sq mile property of ocean is a pretty major reason.

The head of Admiralty was last week quoted as saying that 'if the Argentinians start any of that silly nonsense again, we'll destroy their Air Force before it leaves the mainland. The anti aircraft ship, which is currently the best in the world, that leaves for the Falklands next month is reported to be carrying sufficient arms to destroy every Fighter Jet in South America, let alone Argentina, such is its immense power.

Rule Britannia!

Aye, one Type 45 Destroyer could decimate most of Argentina's air force before it even gets a chance to take off. That and the Trafalgar class nuclear attack submarine (soon to be the new Astute class once sea trials are complete) rumoured to be in the area taking care of any ships and corned beef factories in Buenos Aires.

Im sure the americans will have something to say about that

And they probably do, but facts are facts. It's acknowledged as the most technically advanced Anti Aircraft ship in the World.

As an aside, the story goes that Britain offered to share the proceeds of this Oil discovery with Argentina a while back and were flatly refused. They adopted an all or nothing policy for political purposes, but even the offensive intervention of Obama didn't and won't do anything to deter the British stance on this one me thinks.

Certainly hope it doesn't result in yet another war over the Falklands .I was working in Montpellier,France last time round and got rather tired of explaining to French business people,students etc what we were actually supposed to be going to war over.At least any possible conflict this time round would have a logical,economic "realpolitik" argument behind it.:whistling:

Certainly hope it doesn't result in yet another war over the Falklands .I was working in Montpellier,France last time round and got rather tired of explaining to French business people,students etc what we were actually supposed to be going to war over.At least any possible conflict this time round would have a logical,economic "realpolitik" argument behind it.:whistling:

You should have just told them that Britain doesn't allow a rabble of stinking dogs to invade its land.

Back